Allure Flooring- Cheap (Potentially ridiculous idea?)

I love Allure flooring (if you haven't seen it yet, check out http://www.harveynormanflooring.com.au/vinyl_tiles/allure.html)

It's easy to lay, water resistant and looks pretty legititmate. The only problem is HN has a monopoly in the Australian market charging upwards of $50m2.

Did some research and you can purchase it for approx $22m2 from Home Depot in the USA (including tax). Free shipping within the USA.

If i could get it to be shipped to a shipping company, I can then get it shipped for another $10m2 to Australia. Let's add 10% tax also to the value to make it $25m2 + $10m2 shipping, it's still only $35m2. $15m2 x 60m2 = $900 saving. (if you were to lay 60m2)

Quite a nice saving... but worth the effort?

Would anyone else be interested in combining forces and purchasing together?

Or alternatively, throw a spanner in the works for my plan...?

I bought some on special last year in Harvey Normal Castle Hill.

$22pm

Easy to lay. Looks good.

My mistake. The ones I got weren't exactly the same. You had to glue them.

Last edited:
After lurking for years, I registered to share this. I am not affiliated with any freight forwarders.

Your plan is not so crazy. Using a freight forwarder, you could save a packet.

I have used a few, and www.shipito.com is by far my favourite. I just purchased a new PPOR and I fitted out the entire kitchen with equipment from amazon.com . Cookware sets that retail for $800+ in Australia can be had for $200 + $100 shipping.

I have also used shipito to ship pallet loaded product for business, so I expect they would have no problems forwarding properly packed flooring from a hardware store.

Looks appealing

The upside is you may save 900 bucks

The downside is that you may end up spending more than this in your time or money if there are any issues with the transport and/or the product being so so once it lands.

ta
rolf

Back