Am I being unreasonable with my landlord?

. I have told them that after next Saturday they can use the photo as we'll have moved the stuff out.

I wonder if they will get complaints from people asking where all the cool gear is! Good luck - I would hang around during the open inspections.

As usual, Dazz, you have added nothing constructive to the thread.

I feel that you guys have been amazingly tolerant. I would have either taken down the sign, or painted over the photo by now.

Cheer up skater and get back to your wet floor...there's a dear.

What I suggested was to pay to change the sign - job sorted.

What you've suggested is unlawful, including wilful damage and vandalism to a perfectly lawfully erected sign. Very constructive indeed. :rolleyes:

Cheer up. Bit dramatic. Can't be that bad if $ 120 fixes the photo but you aren't prepared to pay.
Why on earth should they have to pay for it? It really isn't that difficult to put a bit of thought and consideration to people living in a house when choosing which photos are going to be used to advertise.
The owner is lucky that the tenants didn't follow the photographer around like a bad smell and made them delete any photo that showed too much of their personal belongings, and not enough of the house. Which in hindsight, perhaps Tony & Emma should have done.

"Oh what? The owner wants a pretty photo of the open plan living room? Sure thing! Just take a photo of the corner WITHOUT our entertainment system set up..yeah see that boring, blank fibro wall? Take a pic of that!"

Well, seems the selling agent is actually a decent sort. She rocked up on Monday morning and covered the kit in the photo with a big 'open for inspection' sticker. I don't know if it was with the owners consent, doubt it, but who cares. Good on the agent.

Her tune had changed when I had explained about our previous burglary. She said she had also been burgled, so probably realised how traumatic it can be.

This is a basic ethics issue.

REA's done the wrong thing by tenants and may as well leave the doors unlocked.

Make the sign 'disappear', apparently it will take more than a week to replace/modify and you'll be out by then.

Well, seems the selling agent is actually a decent sort. She rocked up on Monday morning and covered the kit in the photo with a big 'open for inspection' sticker.
What an excellent way of solving the problem. The black covering may have just emphasised that there was something to hide; this way it doesn't appear to be hiding anything. A great outcome.

Back