and the most liveable city in Australia is....

I have never lived in Canberra but have visited quite a number of times and I really like it! I liked the suburbs of Kingston and Manuka best from memory. Strangely, one of my kids loved the place too and said it 'always feels like home' (he's been there twice) :confused: :D.

If I had to choose a capital city to live in, Canberra would be it.

It feels like this is just a popularity contest. Didn't Adelaide win it last year? How can you lose your liveability title in one year?

Canberra is a @&%* hole!

I've lived there for 5 years of my limited life, and I want my 5 years back.

Sorry Canberrans. But................you know.

As a single guy, many years ago, I couldn't wait to get out of Canberra. I loved being back in Sydney again.

Coming back to Sydney as a married person with a young child, I couldn't wait to get out of Sydney. Canberra was great for raising a family.

Now my single daughters can't wait to get out of Canberra- one is trying to set up a life in Melbourne. But she's finding it quite difficult coping especially with transport difficulties (travelling across suburbs rather than into the CBD) and living costs.

The green space, the 15 minute commutes, the lake, the choice of food, access to the snow and coast, and autumn...

Canberra is great for those who know how to make their own fun.

The green space, the 15 minute commutes, the lake, the choice of food, access to the snow and coast, and autumn...

I agree with this.....as there is no fun anywhere in Canberra. Especially with the depressing weather and Soviet looking buildings.

I agree - love the 15 minute commute to work.

I was ready to leave last year, the cold really got to me. But realistically, it is the best place to live. Lots of good career opportunities and a pretty good lifestyle.

I have a friend who moved here about 5 years ago and always whinged about how much better Melbourne was.... she moved back to Melbourne this year and hates it. She misses Canberra terribly.

I'm not surprised Newcastle beat Sydney. Mirrors my experience. Liveability is more than just number of people.

Hang on. What about North Queensland? 300+ days of sunshine a year... how can you beat that?

Cheers

Jen

It's the most liveable CAPITAL CITY. Everyone knows there' hundreds of little towns all over the country that are better to live in than the big cities.

See ya's.

Back