Announcing Trade Off - the discount card for investors

The longest gestation in history but the website is live……finally!
Here’s what it is all about.

Trade Off – the low cost card that puts money in your pocket!

Thanks to group buying power you gain exclusive access to trade rates on services and products you need as an investor.

Trade Off is Australia wide. You have access to trade prices on paint, kitchen and bathroom fittings, flooring, blinds, and share programs.

Some of our current partners are Aon Insurance, Dulux, Tradelink, Depreciator, and RP Data and there will be more exciting partners in the next few months.

We are totally transparent in the supplies and services we offer to you. The full discount we have negotiated is passed on and Trade Off receives no kickbacks from any supplier.

But there is one exception! Due to government contracts, RP Data reports cannot be discounted. In this case, the fee will be donated to the Salvos.

The annual Membership Fee is $220 but there is an opening special of $165, available to all, until the end of March 2006.

In recognition of the knowledge and friends I have gained from this forum, Somersoft members can join for $147.40 until the end of March 2006. Just enter SOM as the Promotion Code.

http://www.tradeoff.com.au

Good luck and congratulations on your new business venture ani……….I’m sure it will be a huge success and will be a must have for investors and renovators alike. :)

Just a note: ani sought approval from the moderators before posting about her new venture. As she has been a long time member and valuable contributor over the years, and her new business is of relevance to investors. We have waived the no advertising rule for this announcement.

likewise...good idea, and like the initiative.
im involved in 3 various 'buyer' groups and similar networking groups through work...they really are a great idea and seem to be springing up quite regularly.
just annoyed Aon got in ahead of me...theyre too big (high end of town, big business, global etc) for tradesmen...il get onboard if u want ani!

Congratulations ani :)

not for the website .... not for the deals ....but for the effort and drive you have shown to make it happen, you went way out of your comfort zone to make it happen.

And yes ... I am a member :)

Cheers

Phil

Good on you Ani,

Not only for having the idea of trying to create a cashflow to support your investing, but having the persistance to pull it off. Well done.

Now I've had aquick look at your website and I just not quite sure what the discount is on RP Data services. Can you shed any light on it for me?

Rgds

CB:)

Thanks all for your kind words:)

Coach B

RP Data is the only product that doesn't have a discount, due to their contract with govt. Unfortunately, the commission cannot be passed on to members but it will go to the Salvos!

So no saving sorry but if you are looking to purchase a report, at least the Salvos will get something:)

Hope it all goes extremely well for you Ani.

You should leave flyers at the next SIG (if permitted).

Regards
Marty

Great work

I'm sure it will only get bigger and better.

How about approaching Solver Paints, most of us over here in WA seem to prefer them..they give discounts to RAC Members as well?

Look forward to seeing the business grow Ani

Ani,

Sounds great, well done!

If its primarily pitched at investors then you might see a bit of a soft start-up, but she'll take off with gusto when the property worm turns again. I was thinking the same thing about Jacque's buyers advocate company, but she can represent owner occupiers too so her target market is bigger.

I'm sure your site will fly though.

Great stuff,
Michael.

MichaelWhyte said:
I was thinking the same thing about Jacque's buyers advocate company, but she can represent owner occupiers too so her target market is bigger.
Actually, while some of the features are mainly for investors, I think plenty of owner occupiers would be interested - after all, owner occs still need insurance, still need to buy paint and supplies for renovations, still like replacing kitchens and bathrooms, still replace carpets etc.

Agree with Michael, though, that it will be a success - great stuff ani, and a real market that needed filling :D

Jamie.

Well done Ani on the business launch and what a great bunch of suppliers you have there! (Naturally, I'm not biased or anything but that's a great BA you have there for NSW;) )

BTW, folks, in case you happen to know of anyone who is looking to use a Sydney BA, and they use my company, the TradeOff card itself actually costs less than the discount I'm offering on a full search. Definitely worthwhile :)

And I agree with Jamie, in that this card is great for home owners, home buyers, renovators as well - trade prices really excite me!!!!!

Have you got any idea of any other suppliers that are coming on board, Ani? I'd love to see API mag offer a discount too :)

ani said:
Thanks kissfan, I'll twist perky's arm!

Redwing

Those paint guys were never taught to share;)

Ouch :eek:
Bring some fliers/cards along anytime you want Ani, you dont really need to twist my arm anymore :D

Jacque said:
Have you got any idea of any other suppliers that are coming on board, Ani? I'd love to see API mag offer a discount too :)

Thanks Jacque

There are certainly more suppliers in the pipeline but my lips have to stay sealed until agreements are signed.

There will be a news page on the website for such announcements, so keep on checking it!

Imho......

JOINING TRADE-OFF IS A LICENCE TO SAVE (MAKE) MONEY.

The savings are contractually guaranteed.

Beat that!

Mark

As many of you know, I used to work for the Insurance Council of Australia.

I dont believe I would be betraying my former industry if I said that insurance companies are not renowned for either generosity or (in some cases and classes) competitive pricing.

Ani has done tremendously well to negotiate a 20% discount off landlords and home / contents insurance and a 10% discount on car insurance.

As ani's worked examples show, even on 3 basic polices covering a basic property and contents (not the Taj Mahal - no offence ani) and a somewhat lessor vehicle than one of Mr Spann's ferraris, the savings are significant - over $350.

Darth Vader said it best (to Luke Skywalker):

"Impressive! Most impressive."

Mark

Good on you, Ani, for the initiative. Hope to catch up at another SIG meeting - but not at the forthcoming one with DGG as the speaker, due to prior commitment. Keep up the good work.

Back