Morningside
West End
Highgate Hill
Beenleigh
Ipswich
Spring Hill
Redcliffe
Yeronga

Probably about 20 more but I cant remember them sorry...

A north Queensland perspective...

From what I can remember for QLD:

Morningside
West End
Highgate Hill
Beenleigh
Ipswich
Spring Hill
Redcliffe
Yeronga

Probably about 20 more but I cant remember them sorry...

Up my way there was also:
Magnetic Island
Thuringowa

Funny contradiction in the write-ups though. In the Magnetic Island write-up it is suggested that Townsville is "off the boil" and that Magnetic Island represents the best suburb of Townsville with further growth potential. (Although I do believe that Magnetic Island will be a top investment spot in the longer term as the local population gets up to the 200-300K mark).

Then Thuringowa (Townsville's former twin city) is listed within the Top 100. Go figure as Thuringowa is the "ugly twin" of Townsville with not only all the lower socioeconomic suburbs but also handfuls of crappy little estates. However Thuringowa and Townsville have now been amalgamated anyway so it basically no longer exists. Thuringowa is now referred to locally as the "western suburbs".

Don't get me wrong, Thuringowa would not be a bad place to invest, it's just that I wouldn't bother when you can get some bargains on decent sized blocks in CBD suburbs such as West End and Garbutt.

QLD:

- Beaudesert
- Beenleigh
- Brunswick
- Caboolture
- Coolangatta
- East Mackay
- Halifax
- Hervey Bay
- Hill End
- Inverleigh
- Ipswich
- Magnetic Island
- Margate
- Morningside
- Mt. Warren Park
- New Farm
- Petrie Terrace
- Redcliffe
- Spring Hill
- Stretton
- Thuringowa
- Toowoomba
- Tully
- Tweed Heads
- West End
- Wooloowin
- Wynnum
- Yeronga

thuringowa would be a great place to invest, lots of army blokes up at lavarack looking for houses and with 3 RAR moving up there in a couple of years.....

They mentioned Leumeah in Sydney south west, too shy to mention Minto I guess.... That's the centre of Minto One project, demolishing the whole Housing Commission and replacing with private development. :) Brand new houses there are for sale with the plot for between $317K to $500K and the rent for the newish houses ( 3 beds) in around the area is 285-330 pw.:)

Any idea why they would mention Leumeah? I am not saying there is no potential but it stands out from the others like dogs breath! Would be interested to know if anyone knows...

QLD:

- Beaudesert
- Beenleigh
- Brunswick
- Caboolture
- Coolangatta
- East Mackay
- Halifax
- Hervey Bay
- Hill End
- Inverleigh
- Ipswich
- Magnetic Island
- Margate
- Morningside
- Mt. Warren Park
- New Farm
- Petrie Terrace
- Redcliffe
- Spring Hill
- Stretton
- Thuringowa
- Toowoomba
- Tully
- Tweed Heads
- West End
- Wooloowin
- Wynnum
- Yeronga

Watch the flickers start to follow the first home buyer subs.
shhhhh.....

They mentioned Leumeah in Sydney south west, too shy to mention Minto I guess.... That's the centre of Minto One project, demolishing the whole Housing Commission and replacing with private development. :) Brand new houses there are for sale with the plot for between $317K to $500K and the rent for the newish houses ( 3 beds) in around the area is 285-330 pw.:)

Its about time they were demolished. I live 1 suburb away, i just bought a house for alot less then that (prob bcos its old) and will be renting for 350 a week 3 bedroom home over 30 yrs old too.

Hot spot, not spot

simply I donot believe in the API 100 Hot spots. Those 100 spots predicted at the beginning of year 2008 have not performed anything. So there is no stong basis for these suburbs to be hot spot, we should be very careful when buying property. We should do our own research and be sure that we make money from that specific deal.
Suraj

Back