Another crossing loans question

Have just received their initial offer but I don't think it looks very good, in particular #4! I think BOM are treating this one as a business loan because I rent it out to one of my 3 businesses. Currently #1-#4 are all with NAB at 6.82% and all are treated as standard home loans.

A quick question

I do hope this is a proposal, and not a LOAN Offer, ie conditional or formal approval ?

I say that because things like Business loan rates and terms appearing instead of resi should be disclosed at proposal time, not when you credit file has been hit numerous times.

If this is a formal or conditional approval, then the banker and the bank would have know about the biz rates etc before your application, and in not disclosing this to you, are being naughty at best, and fraudulent with intent at worst.

If this is the sequence of events I dont know that this is someone / something I would want to do business with.

if its just proposal stage and your credit file hasnt been hit, then ignore above.

www.mycreditfile.com.au

to get a copy of your file if you feel u need to

ta

rolf

I'm not sure what state it's all at actually. I AM possibly buying at auction next Saturday so priority was focused on #5. I was told I had approval to bid at auction on Wednesday and they would get the paperwork together for me next week.

None of the properties have been valued yet so I doubt it's gone too far down the track. Properties 1-4 are lobbed into something they're calling the Business Switch Campaign. This all started because I was unhappy with my business banking AND personal/mortgage stuff at NAB.

Re: the business loan, it was vaguely mentioned just yesterday on the phone but I was busy at work and didn't delve into it with him. I said from the start though, that I wasn't interested in moving unless they could match or better NAB. I HAVE to assume its because I'm renting a residential property to a small business (my own).

Loan #5 is the only pressing one right now and the rate is only a touch worse than I'm currently getting with NAB. I could always let that one go through, and then focus on maybe getting a broker to sort the rest out and switch them to various banks as per what experienced people on this forum suggest.

There's no way #4 is leaving NAB for BOM at this point though. I'm inexperienced but I'm not stupid. None of my current loans are crossed with NAB so I should be good to go re: moving them.

Oh... they DO have all my business, trust and personal taxes and paperwork, plus I gave them authority to access my credit file so I'm assuming that's been done.

Have just received their initial offer but I don't think it looks very good, in particular #4! I think BOM are treating this one as a business loan because I rent it out to one of my 3 businesses. Currently #1-#4 are all with NAB at 6.82% and all are treated as standard home loans.

There is no crossing at least. Regardless of wanting to move everything over to BOM I may have no choice but to leave #4 with NAB unless the bank can come to the party. Really wishing I'd used a broker now.

#1 VIC - Borrower is me
BOM Offer - Advantage Package - $620K Loan - 30 years - P&I 6.9%

#2 SYD - Borrower is my company
Advantage Package - $342K Loan - 30 years - IO 7%

#3 QLD - Borrower is my Family Trust
Advantage Package - $320K Loan - 30 years - IO 7%

#4 VIC - Borrower is my Family Trust
Business Loan Variable - $420K Loan - 15 years - IO 8.42%!!!

#5 VIC TBC - Borrower is me & my husband combined (not yet purchased)
Advantage Package - $760K Loan - 30 years - IO 6.85%

I wouldnt touch those rates or the bank, see a decent broker and they will get you a decent product that suits the strategy with a decent rate...

If BOM have already clamoured over my credit file though, is it too late? NAB are trying to make me stay (regional business manager back from holiday next week and claims he wants to convince me to stay). Maybe I can negotiate better NAB rates and leave everything there even if their service is crap. I'd rather the crap service and the cheaper rates.

Guess I'll see what this week brings. Re: Auction this Saturday, owners have not purchased elsewhere and are happy to have a 120 day settlement so even that loan wouldn't HAVE to go to BOM even though it's approved with them currently.

I find the bank thing kinda weird. BOM Manager called me mid -week "Oh great news! We've approved all your lending to come over to us"... Well why wouldn't they? I've already shown at NAB that everything is in order. I don't CARE if they've approved me moving my current loans cause they can stay with NAB otherwise. What I CARE about is a decent deal!!

If BOM have already clamoured over my credit file though, is it too late? NAB are trying to make me stay (regional business manager back from holiday next week and claims he wants to convince me to stay). Maybe I can negotiate better NAB rates and leave everything there even if their service is crap. I'd rather the crap service and the cheaper rates.
\

Never too late per se, but maybe not wise to keep accessing your file. At 80 % LVR you have a little (lot?) more latitude than a 90 % er

Ahhhhhhh the standard NAB retail approach ................make the client go elsewhere to get a better offer in writing and the make it look like we always wanted to help you anyways, and we will see, lts get the HEAD used car manager to see if they match the offer...........so predictable :).

I suspect that NAB have this approach in their policy manual. Its one reason why will rarely touch an existing NAB direct borrower thats not really sure why they are moving, or dont understand what structured lending may mean for their future capacity.

NAB retail should have no problem matching those rates, indeed NAB Broker Homeside could even do better, as could ANZ and a bunch of others .

ta
rolf

Back