Another devastating red card - Kewell

OK, again this ridiculous contraversial red card to Cahill and now Kewell, resulting in another ten man Socceroos team and a penalty. Ghana very lucky not to have an earlier penalty against them. Also, the yellow card paid to Ghana should have been a red.

What the %&#@ do fifa have against the Aussies?

Remember the contraversial penalty to Italy in 2006, and all the anti AUS decisions all the way through.

This is total crap. Fifa stinks. B@stards.

The Socceroos should walk off the ground and head home out of protest!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Hi,

That tackle by the Ghanian was worse than the one we lost Cahill for, very dangerous and it was only yellow :eek:

I will be amazed if Australia gets the World Cup, they certainly seem to give us special treatment.

Why do you care about the silly game? Aussies and Yanks only rally like games where we can write the rules. That's why we don't like the Indians messing with cricket.

i agree that it was a pathetic ruling - but i was really annoyed how australia played.

they were great attacking in the first 10 mins and the last 10 mins - but the rest of the game they spent so much time going backwards i was left wondering if we had two teams playing in the same direction.

It was a red card offence as it hit him on the arm and he was the last man before goal, that's it.
You can't blame the reff for the bad defending.
Their ball control & defending suk bigtime.
Sure there were a few other dubious calls, but some were in their favor.
But you can't always have the reff calls go your way.

And yeah, first & last 10 mins were good, as the few good players are forwards.
But the defending was still terrible with player refusing to get behind the ball asap preferring the leisurely walk.

It was a red card offence as it hit him on the arm and he was the last man before goal, that's it.
You can't blame the reff for the bad defending.

Ahh, yes you can.... the FIFA rulebook is clear on such offences. If it is intentional, instant red card. In this case it was clearly unintentional as he did not raise his arm to block the ball. Hence, the red card is the ref's fault, not Kewell's.

As for the Ghana dangerous tackle, once again the rule book is very clear... late/dangerous tackles from behind are an instant red card.... but obviously not last night. At least Cahill did not follow through with his legs in the tackle he was sent for (he actually kept them back as he was sliding, upon realising he would be late to the ball) which is distinctly different from the Ghana player....

I also think we were subjected to poor decision making, but that's football... you have to take the good with the bad :(

Hence, the red card is the ref's fault, not Kewell's.
Both points you make are correct, and there was plenty more during the game.
And tons more in the other games.
But as I been watching this type of football for a while it think it's the ref's decision or discretion, and he took that. Not intentional? He did'nt seem to move to avoid it. It's just part of the game.
The problem is even when the ref's discretion went Australia's way last world cup, it was the same story on the ref's.

As for the field play, after they scored it was the most woeful playing I've seen so far in this cup.
I'd really like them to win, they just aint up to scratch.
The last 10 mins were actually ok, we have a terrible defence so our only choice is to play an offensive style, like the last world cup, and those last 10 mins.
And that's where I blame the coach as well for trying to be defensive. I does'nt work against these teams.
And he certainly does'nt have the players to do it with.

They were a man down Lizzie. I thought they plated exceptionally well given the circumstances.

Agree. They were one man down for three quarters of the match.

The refereeing was very very ordinary. Personally, I was proud with how they played given the circumstances.........Certainly a different playing team to the match against Germany.

Hi,

That tackle by the Ghanian was worse than the one we lost Cahill for, very dangerous and it was only yellow :eek:

I will be amazed if Australia gets the World Cup, they certainly seem to give us special treatment.

Yeah and the Ghanian's tackle was intentional and from behind. He should have been red carded!!! I have seen a lot less that have received a red card, like for instance Cahill's red card.

Harry had his eyes closed, it wasn't intentional!! A natural reaction is to jump in the air when the ball comes. He had his arms by his side. Refs were crap with their decisions the whole night.

:mad:

:( wiltshire could have sealed it for us, it was his first touch that wasnt very good. It got too far away from him. It would have been a sitter otherwise. I'm sure he'll be having nightmares about it. Such an opportunity gone begging

This is total crap. Fifa stinks.
Ok, first up, I have to admit, I'm not a soccer fan (always been a league fan). I think the players (at the top level) are very skilful and admire that but find the overall aspect of the game a bit soft for my liking. Each to their own though.

Re the Fifa stinks comment, why don't Fifa look at the marshmallow men that go down for the slightest little knock, fair dinkum, some of those falls are so deliberate and the referees can surely recognise this. The 'divers' should be penalised, not the other way around.

I'd like to see some of those guys play a full contact sport for 10 minutes.

Every sport has 'diving' tactics to get that penalty, but some of the falls I've seen in this World Cup are so laughable yet they get the penalty.

"Oohhh, I got bitten my a mosquito, aaarrgh, the pain". Grow some b@ll$.

Just my rant
Marty

sorry - but that's preposterous.

"...a player who commits an offence which denies an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, should be sent off..."

plain and simple. rules are there - read them.

maybe he should have stuck his chest out instead - but no....

Back