Another Logan Thread

cheers. yea I see what you mean. I'm hoping to secure a tradie who needs to lock his equipment/tools up. I'll see how we go with this price point for a little longer though just to be sure.

cheers. yea I see what you mean. I'm hoping to secure a tradie who needs to lock his equipment/tools up. I'll see how we go with this price point for a little longer though just to be sure.

Northy, given that Easter is coming up and then the school holidays, you might not have as many tenants thinking to uproot right about now. Potential tenants are probably starting to wind down, getting ready for their Easter gettaway, so they would want to remain in their current digs at the moment, at least for the next two weeks.

What you could do to get your listing noticed is end the listing, then relist at $345 so your ad is at the top of the rental adverts for Slacks Creek. It becomes like a 'new' listiing.
$330 is the normal rent for such property but
because you have such a large yard you could advertise that outside pets like dogs are welcome in the property. That will be a strong selling point.
I've been advised by agents in the past that there is a huge niche market demand for rental properties that will allow a dog to live outside in a backyard and given you have such a huge yard, both dog and owner will be happy to live there, and the owner won't mind at all if they pay a small premium above market.

In 6 months, you can up the rent by $5 to get it to be what you want to be which is $350.

I will pm you the agent who gave me such ideas and if you want to change your rental agent to list with them, feel free to do so.

In addition to end listing and readvertise to get your ad to the top, and saying pets allowed to live outside, because Easter is coming up and people will get a bit of a break to trawl through rental listings, to get a quality tenant in fast, advertise 'One week's free rent! Be quick, limited time only!' (this is my idea and what I did)

So instead of having it empty for 2 weeks for the Easter break, you may get a quality tenant really quickly with the '1 week free rent offer'.
It's up to you but it
worked like a charm for my property in Logan. Good luck!

'1 week free rent offer'

I like this idea, I'm cool with dogs as well. You're probably spot on when it comes to the holiday period, I would much rather move house later if I had the chance. Just a little bit of bad luck for me I suppose :eek: .

I hope we get the similar levels of CG as we have in the past. My other property in Slacks Creek made a 60% CG in the 8 years I've had it and it costs nothing to hold. It's not massive gains, but if we could get that again across the entire portfolio, I'll be dancing a Jig :)

'1 week free rent offer'

I like this idea, I'm cool with dogs as well. You're probably spot on when it comes to the holiday period, I would much rather move house later if I had the chance. Just a little bit of bad luck for me I suppose :eek: .

I hope we get the similar levels of CG as we have in the past. My other property in Slacks Creek made a 60% CG in the 8 years I've had it and it costs nothing to hold. It's not massive gains, but if we could get that again across the entire portfolio, I'll be dancing a Jig :)

I think we will see good CG in the coming 2-3 years, Northy, the market is picking up and well priced houses are flying out the door. Furthermore, more and more people are moving to Brisbane for the weather and lifestyle. The cost of living is heaps cheaper than Sydney and maybe Melbourne too. A lot of positive upside for Logan and Brisbane. Substantial CG still to come, I feel. :)

I think we will see good CG in the coming 2-3 years, Northy, the market is picking up and well priced houses are flying out the door. Furthermore, more and more people are moving to Brisbane for the weather and lifestyle. The cost of living is heaps cheaper than Sydney and maybe Melbourne too. A lot of positive upside for Logan and Brisbane. Substantial CG still to come, I feel. :)

+1 for me too, its shockingly cheap comparing to Sydney property prices, so should pick up quite a bit in the future as more people will be moving up

Considering some property price you pay in 2009 is same as in 2013 for Logan LGA, you did well in that 8 years I say.

I buggered up my calculations, I divided the wrong numbers.
first house purchased in 2006 for $220 000 and spent $15 000 on a basic tidy up so it owed me 235 000k. Pretty sure buying costs were about $1500 as it was and still is considered my PPOR

Just got revalued 2 months ago for $340 000.

soooo that's 44%, not quiet as good haha!

How times change, I recall when I lived in Brisbane, Logan new developments were complete failures and there were entire streets of houses all unoccupied, except 1 or 2 who used to do the media interviews about their strange empty suburb.

Back