Any luck in working with RE's to find your properties ?

As you may have read , I generally do not have much luck with RE's and don't like dealing with them.
But on the other hand , I often see properties slip under the radar that they've had come in. Usually cheapies that I guess they don't consider worth promoting , trouble is that's what I look for.
If only you heard about them as they came in, you could only imagine what they must come across .

I have tried this once or twice but I've usually ended up with a barrage of all sorts with nothing even remotely like what I've asked for and given up .

Does anyone get in with their RE's and have any luck , what do you think of the idea ?

But if only !

As you may have read , I generally do not have much luck with RE's and don't like dealing with them.
Do you think they might pick up on this vibe? :rolleyes:

But on the other hand , I often see properties slip under the radar that they've had come in. Usually cheapies that I guess they don't consider worth promoting , trouble is that's what I look for.
If only you heard about them as they came in, you could only imagine what they must come across .
They do not need to advertise bargains. They will call BAs, investors on their lists, but if they don't like you, you migh not even make their list :(

I have tried this once or twice ...... .

You need to have a good read of this thread: http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46949

Hi, I've told my story before but briefly we found a great IP but got pipped at the end by a few thousand and shorter settlement. Our REA was excellent as the next week or so he showed us one that they hadn't even really confirmed as going to market yet. Us and two other parties looked through it over a weekend (x2 other serious buyers on the books too I guess).

We didn't muck around and once we knew what price the vendor wanted we offered close to asking. So then we were property investors :)

This is because it was actually better than the one we had missed out on and the REA had listened to what I'd said we were looking for and this property was spot on. I wasn't cagey about anything at anytime so he didn't have to be a mindreader. As mentioned in other threads the mutual respect was there I guess.

takes tome to build freindships, and trust to build up a great working relationship with these guys, do you buy from them or are you just another tyre kicker , thats the way they will see it!
but yes over time i get calls to tell me of another unusual value add property,
The rules are very simple , do to others as you would have them do to you?

Thanks guys , very interesting .
Yeah the vibe can be a tough call with undertones I guess after awhile but I do usually begin any dealings with an open mind I must admit .
As Graig said , a working relationship would be the key for big shots , which isn't our category but, one more diamond right now would round things off beautifully and as the cupboards bare right now, I just know one of guys will have it come in.

Might make some calls
Cheers

Back