Any one a real estate agent?

If any one here on the forum is involed in sales or selling real estate could you please private message me, thanks...

If any one here on the forum is involed in sales or selling real estate could you please private message me, thanks...

Why do I feel like I'm missing out?:D
I was talkng to a friend who is one this morning if that helps.

I have done my agents rep course (CAR, REIV), does that count?

So does that mean you can now get a job as an agent?,

im looking at trying to get a cert III or IV in property over the next year or so while i finish up with my current job.

How long did it take to finish your courses?

I can work selling real estate, for a real estate agent. Most agents you meet will be agents reps.

It was an 8 day (full time) course.

Once I have worked in the industry for 6 months I can then go do the agents course (if I choose). This can be done over 4 x 2 week full time blocks, or longer is done part time.

Keep in mind I am talking about Victoria. You appear to be in QLD.

Look at this - http://www.reiq.com.au/CareerInfo/licence.asp for more info.

I can work selling real estate, for a real estate agent. Most agents you meet will be agents reps.

Cool, do you get a cut of the commission or the hole amount working for an agent?

Im going to a carers night with one of the real estate companys up here in townsville next wedesday night to find out some more info, should be good

Cool, do you get a cut of the commission or the hole amount working for an agent?
It depends on your agreement with whoever you're working for, each place is different. But yes, the idea is that you'll get x amount of any listings you make, and you'll also get x amount of any sales. Some will pay for car and mobile, some won't, etc. It all depends on what you can negotiate when you start.

At this stage I don't work in the industry, but am looking around my area to decide who the 'good' agents are and who the bad ones are. I'll then approach the good ones and ask for an interview. It's something I've been wanting to do for a long time, so I am going to ensure i end up working for someone good.

Good luck with your careers night. Make sure you do your research before you join the industry. The first year can be a bit tough from what I've heard, until you've got an established list of contacts etc. For me this won't be so bad because my business will continue to operate without me here (my staff are great, and can run it all), but if you're depending on that income only the first several months might be hard going.

A pot plant can sell a house.
Partly true I guess. But a good agent might achieve an extra 5 or 10%, perhaps more.

And surely by looking after your vendors in this way and bringing them an outstanding result you're going to be well recommended by them, which in turn means more listings.

I have an agents license and obviously a cert IV as well.
Both were not difficult to get at all. In fact I think a pot plant could get through the courses very easily too!

The challenge is starting a business and dealing with staff issues :)

Started for the wrong reasons. I love property, but IMHO being an agent is about people. Was I good at it, probably not (maybe i don't like people!). I couldn't justify giving up my weekends for the money.

The average salary of agents across australia was around 50K at the time. I think it's up around 70K now, still not nearly enough to trade my weekends.

Thanks for sharing that.

When you say "being an agent is about people", I guess I understand what you're saying, but wondering if you can expand a bit on exactly what you understand that to mean.

Many of the great sales people often say to never talk about the product, talk about the person. I know of someone who earns over 7 figures pa in the IT industry. He has no qualifications, only knows basic email & windows applications, yet sells computer systems. He is one of those engaging types like bill clinton. I wasn't successful because I wanted to list & sell houses, however most people wanted to buy or sell their home.

Back