Anyone bought in Mount Waverley(VIC) this year?

I purchased in Ferntree Gully.. its just over the freeway 5 mins down ferntree gully rd or wellington rd.

I'm expecting the ripple effect to hit here this year..

ahh.. ok, got u, I tot u mean Ferntree Gully Rd. I agree, the ripple effect should carry through to there, as it has all the necessary amenties sucn as shops and train station

I'm interested in what mode of transport you use to get from Ferntree Gully to Mount Waverley in 5 minutes... (15 km as the crow flies)

I agree with the comment about units having room to move, but houses are very expensive now.

I'm interested in what mode of transport you use to get from Ferntree Gully to Mount Waverley in 5 minutes... (15 km as the crow flies)

I agree with the comment about units having room to move, but houses are very expensive now.

sorry, its only 14 mins.. let be so exact..

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/confirmedDirections.do?nref=getDir

lets spend $300,000 extra to save 14 mins in travel... well worth the money!

personally I go down high street to glen wav.. thats a bit closer than the whereis route

sorry, its only 14 mins.. let be so exact..

personally I go down high street to glen wav.. thats a bit closer than the whereis route

High street rd. is alway jammed during peak hours.
Talking about GW.
GW school zones areas are still in demand and more expensive than the MW school zones areas.
(Eventhough GWSC website says their school is full.)

There was an auction at GW, this old house with a land of 711m 3 bed 1 bath, sold for 855k (published in REIV website), crazy!! , 15 Glen Rd, check in real estate.com.au

Maybe last year its fair to fetch this price but not last weekend!!!??

(replying to crc_error)

As I said, I don't think Mount Waverley is a good buy at the moment (maybe units are ok - but I only look at units <10k from CBD).

I think Ferntree Gully (with >850sqm) is a reasonable buy, and your recent purchase will work out just fine.

The 14-15 minutes travel time FTG to MW is "best case". You could double it or more in peak.

I don't think we should measure the worth of properties based on how far it is from another suburb or from the city.

Take for example wantirna is only 10 mins drive from GW, But GW is easilly 200-400K more depending on whether the GW house is in the zone or not.

That's what I argue with my wife few years back when we bought our 1st home. She wanted GW, I said why not just buy in wantirna only 10 mins drive away. LOL! lucky I bought in GW, the capital growth I'm getting is far superior.

(replying to crc_error)

The 14-15 minutes travel time FTG to MW is "best case". You could double it or more in peak.

depends where and when you travel. if you travel to the city, then the eastern ring road will cut travel time.. to the city the same as glen waverley.. ferntree gully would go down the ring road, glen wav down south eastern.

I don't think we should measure the worth of properties based on how far it is from another suburb or from the city.

Take for example wantirna is only 10 mins drive from GW, But GW is easilly 200-400K more depending on whether the GW house is in the zone or not.

That's what I argue with my wife few years back when we bought our 1st home. She wanted GW, I said why not just buy in wantirna only 10 mins drive away. LOL! lucky I bought in GW, the capital growth I'm getting is far superior.

the price differential between GWSC zoned and non-GWSC zoned properties is prob. going to be less this yr. 42 Mannering Rd (4bedroom) in Brentwood SC zone sold for 614k, while 472 Gallaphers Rd (also 4 bedroom) in GWSC zone sold for 604k.. I was really surprised!!

Back