Anyone dine here

85 reported with food poisoning, Chin Chin Logan area

Could not believe the number, some serious concerns, anyone who has ever had food poisoning will know its no fun.

I actually went to a restuarant where toxic cleaning product was found in garlic bread, I reported this as I got very sick from this.

Some stories I have heard about and the lack of hygeine in restuarants is a big worry.

MTR

Having a good holiday...
Which country is it again?

I saw the news tonight, so Logan Qld. I thought it must be where MTR is staying.

Last edited:
No food poisoning yet in beautiful Port douglas, went to best resturant ever... Sassi,... Gnocci better than mums... Great Italian chef, . Keep me posted on your food experience.... Always keen on this:)

No food poisoning yet in beautiful Port douglas, went to best resturant ever... Sassi,... Gnocci better than mums... Great Italian chef, . Keep me posted on your food experience.... Always keen on this:)

I'll tell her you said that :eek::eek:

I once went to a Plaintiff Lawyer CPD conference years ago held in the CBD. Aircon was struggling and the food included salami / salmon/ chicken on bread.
I stuck with the vege option as I was a bit concerned- which turned out to be prudent.

Got a call from the Council Health dept next day or so asking if I was sick (I wasn't) and what I had eaten. The guy reckoned it was the salmon.

From the hotel's point of view you couldn't have chosen a worse bunch of people to make sick. I'm sure they got a bunch of claims from those pesky parasitic lawyers who should just harden up ADWS (as Dazz would say).

90% of my meals are not home cooked but take out or dine in.

Food poisoning can happen anytime at any place esp if kitchen staff have a high turnover in staff. All it takes is for one person to slip up/ bad hygiene and you are sick or have a crook stomach. A crook stomach could last 1 hr or a week; depends how the person's body handles it. Cutlery and the table you sit at can have an effect. Dirty cutlery, tabled wiped with a cloth that is full of germs and bacteria. If I walk in a cafe or take out joint and it sinks like a wet rag that's not been rinsed for days, I walk out. How about fruit flies buzzing around the restaurant, eating food that dropped on the table, it?s all a no no if you care for hygiene.

Kitchen staff are also usually on a roster; average meal today and excellent meal tomorrow due to the different chef on that day.

I've always looked out for their hygiene before buying if I'm at a take away shop making sandwiches etc. No point wearing the plastic glove if you accept cash with it. Esp at Subway, I've seen them move things around the kitchen with the glove on and then come serve the next customer with the same glove on. I always say something and then walk away.

Where's the fun in being overly paranoid? Some of the best meals of my life would never have happened if I was overly concerned with hygiene. Generally if a place has high enough turnover and you have hot food cooked to order you'll be fine. its often the salad seafood or dairy where people get caught

Chin Chin is the Japanese (childish) name for penis.

Terry... really, now I know, not sure I like it though

There is the most amazing Chin Chin restuarant in Melb, the food is the best, I am sure those from Melb know this one, fighting to get in the door, no worries about food poisoning with this one, quality right up there:)

Back