Anyone heard of this SA project??

Hi, I try to keep a keen eye on anything related to SA as that's where I focus my investments, however this is something that's escaped me. Has anyone else heard of this project or have any knowledge of the suburb Lochiel Park?

Thanks,

Property Mogul

ADELAIDE's "green" northeastern village, Lochiel Park at Campbelltown, will be South Australia's first new residential development to receive fibre-to-the-home technology.

Adam Internet and fibre-optics firm OptiComm have teamed up to provide Lochiel Park's 105 households with guaranteed high-speed fibre-optic broadband.

Residents would enjoy high-speed broadband which costs businesses between $20,000 and $30,000 per month, Adam Internet managing director Scott Hicks said.

"This technology is designed to increase our overall standard of living by saving both time and money," Mr Hicks said.

Work was under way and 2.5km of conduit for fibre cabling was due to be installed within weeks.

Wayne Gibbings, chief executive of project facilitator the Land Management Corporation, said Lochiel Park was setting an Australian benchmark for sustainable housing developments and was "something SA can be proud of."

The new infrastructure would also provide homes with:

REELTIME Broadband TV, a video on-demand service enabling residents to download full-length movies in seconds.

VOICE over Internet Protocol (VoIP), which allows cheaper phone calls by using internet technology.

Mr Gibbings said civil works would be finished early next month, with construction on the site's first display homes likely to follow soon after.

The Advertiser reported in January that 75 per cent of people interested in Lochiel Park liked the area because of its environmental focus.

Back