Anyone Receiving Lump Sum Economic Security Strategy Payment?

Hiya

We are eligible for up to $2000 and tossing up what to do the the cash.

I would love to spend it however the boss (wife) wants to save it :confused:

What are you guys doing ????

ditto Rickardo, ohh well nice to know my tax dollars are basically going to someone else to spend at the shops - i would prefer to just get a tax break and spend it myself...lol

Nope, cant help either as we have never been eligible for any Government allowances. I think I would ensure I had a really nice Christmas, with a few nice trimmings, maybe an extra present for the kidlets, a really nice bottle of champagne/wine, good size turkey and ham for leftovers, and then save the rest. December will be OK but I think March will be the killer time for companies.

Just short term boost for the economy and I don't really get the reasoning behind it ... unless the gov is handing it out regularly, it'll just make one period look good at the expense of the rest.

No one I know is getting it - I don't think we're in that age bracket any more or yet, so just the usual quiet Christmas for our little mob.

I'm saving mine, only because I have nothing really to spend it on.

I'm getting $3,000 for my children and i think i'll just add it to the offset with the rest of my Christmas bonus I got last week.

Its nice to finally be at a point in my life that I actually really don't need anything. No Credit Card bills to pay, renst are now covering mortgage payments.

I know i should knock wood, but its a little bit boring.

Pokies

I hope all those pokies and cigarette machines are all greased up and ready to roll.

I feel that is where a lot of the childrens allowances will go:eek: Plus the odd 10 slabs and a few wine casks:(

ohhh c'mon now Gee Cee!

Y'all know that with that there bonus we can all afford the $2.90 a bottle wine at Mr Dan Murphy's fine establishment. We has got class now ya' hear?

I think that the people who spend their money on pokies and booze at christmas would never bother to give their kids a decent christmas, so maybe with this $1,000 the kids might see something.

That is why i don't donate to those Chistmas Wishing tree's because i have seen useless parent sell those presents at Cash Converters etc to buy drugs alcohol. I would rather donate to something like the B105 Christmas appeal that helps the Royal Childrens Hospital.

Call me cynical, but I think it is a straight out strategy to avoid the "R" word - the September quarter came up with a .1% growth figure, and this handout is designed to avoid negative growth for the December quarter. It will look good in the instant headlines and two-second TV quotes.
Marg

Here's a suggestion, spend the money on Australian made products that way the money has a trailing effect injecting money to shops as well as manufacturers who will intern employ Australians.

I believe in times like these you have to look after your own and try to buy Australian made where ever possible.

Pablo...that's a great idea.

I think I'll get some
- beer, Crown Lager, $1000 worth.

Seriously, 80% of this money will be going offshore! This is a Rudderless measure and Turnurp is right when he questions what if it doesn't work, where do the get another $10 Billion.

This has Labor written all over it - if you don't have an idea on how to work with an issue, chuck money at it and see if that helps:mad:

Thought I would have a look at when and if I would be getting my Krudd payment and found that because I elect to get my payment at tax time that is also when I will get this payment.

I wonder just how many people will also not be getting their payment until after tax time next year. So with my hand on my heart I promise to spend it and I will try on Australian made products sometime in early 2010 when I get my 2009 tax return completed.

This payment is quite comical really...

This has Labor written all over it - if you don't have an idea on how to work with an issue, chuck money at it and see if that helps:mad:

I agree, It's a stupid way to distribute our surplus.
We will see what Krudd will do when the money is gone and there is nothing to show for it.

I am not unhappy because I won't be getting a cheque, I am unhappy with the distribution mechanism and the logic behind it.

Too much to 1 person (who is probably not a big spender anyway) and nothing to the next.

One word comes to mind
"mismanagement"

I think for kick starting the economy everyone should be participating.

They should have done a handout where all families with children get a fixed amount, couples with no children get little less fixed amount and singles get the least but get some fixed amount nontheless.

That would make everyone feel they got something.

Cheers,
Oracle.

I've already spent mine. Half went to a surveyor and half went on the DA lodgement fee ... can't get much more spendy on Australian products than that. Mind you I'm spending so much money right now that I could pick and choose exactly which service got Krudd's $2000. Maybe it was actually the plumber?

I have a feeling I might get all the money back in quadrupliquintiplicate though, which is better odds than feeding it to the pokies.

Back