Anyone see Today Tonight tonight 17/6/03

That, as distinct from many stories on vendor financing, seems to strike a fair balance between the pitfalls and the advantages.

(A non-wrapper's point of view).

I found it a peculiar story.. it had a mix of two threads.. No Deposit Finance and Vendor Finance.. they kept swapping between the two.. it was very poorly edited.

But it was a fair look at Vendor Finance, no doubt about that.

Duncan.

Yeah I saw the story - tabloid tv was actually balanced.... it was hardly sensationalism !

im sure whoever made that decision will be out the door as soon as ratings come back

no new info .... but a balanced story for once.

I caught a bit of it. What I saw isn't on that "transcript" - the bit about the wrapper (obviously answering a question - although that bit was editied out) - something to the effect of "Yep, they pay or I kick em out and keep the house."

Nice hatchet job really.

Of course, no one ever looks at the fact these guys finance people the banks wont touch.

(No, I don't wrap).

Was disjointed though. Flicked from one to the other.

Anyone else notice the lady who bought her house (I think it was wrapped), who proudly showed the walls she took out (ouch), and cupboards she installed - including some across an open doorway!!!

Originally posted by duncan_m
I found it a peculiar story.. it had a mix of two threads.. No Deposit Finance and Vendor Finance.. they kept swapping between the two.. it was very poorly edited.

But it was a fair look at Vendor Finance, no doubt about that.

Duncan.

I agree. Any novice would have been totally confused by this. They were both interesting stories so why not run them seperately? One muniute they are talking to the wrapper and he's saying he charges 3% and then just before its cut he fits in 'above bank rates' and the next second someone is saying '100% finance is no problem'.

It must have been so confusing for some and a couple of really important comments may have been missed or hidden along the way. Interesting stuff though.

Back