Anyone Sued a Solicitor?

Update

Just an update for Raddles and anyone that is interested about the time and effort it takes to get a Solicitor to admit a mistake and the bureaucratic redtape that goes with correcting anything that goes wrong in a Government Department!

On May 28th I received a letter from my Solicitor finally telling me the correct Transfer has been lodged at the Department of Land and Natural Resoucres.

Now I am told by my ex-Solicitor it is up to me to chase the $3,717.40 (including interest, of course) that was paid to OSR.

I have just spent the first 2 business hours of today ringing people between the OSR and DONR.

My last call has just been to a "special circumstances" officer who has finally agreed that the Land Tax does not apply BUT informed me that the amount of $3,717.40 has NOT been paid and has accrued more interest. :eek::eek::eek:

I have provided the Settlement Statement of a property held within the trust where I was forced to pay the Land Tax.

Sigh....F^&%$! I don't often swear......but REALLY!!

I am now waiting for my NEW Solicitor to call back with the cheque number that was issued to the OSR.

Regards JO

Hi again Jo
this is once again something that could be taken up with the Legal Services Commissioner.
These guys have done the wrong thing and cost you money, time etc
It may be time to make a claim for your out of pocket amounts from their professional indemnity insurer.
What you would be claiming is the consequential losses from their negligence.
You may wish to raise this with your new solicitor
thanks

Back