anyone used peachtree complete accounting software?

looking for some decent, easy to use software for the bookeeping/accounts of the new business.

looking at reviews, it appears that peachtree complete comes out on top in ease of use and variety of applications. only prob is, i've never heard of it before. it is available in australia, but is it really any good for austalian conditions such as gst etc?

http://accounting-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

i need something that does both accts in/out, gst/bas, inventory, internet sales, credit card pmts, trade sales, distribution tracking, payroll etc and this seems to be the only software that covers everything one could possibly need.

has anyone used it and what do they think?

p.s. every review seems to be bagging myob and quicken and ungainly, awkward and unfunctional.

than, of course, someone told me today that they love the xero system ... so confusing. think i'm going to have to put a couple of days aside to download the free trial versions and have a play.

still waiting for prototype ... very frustrating. first manufacturer had design plans for 4 weeks before saying they were too busy and passed them onto an associate that they "swap" work with in busy times. the associate then had them for another 2 weeks before saying they don't do that type of work and recommending another company. they've now had the plans for over a week and i haven't heard back from them ... so that's nearly 2 months with nothing happening.

giving me time to get some background stuff done tho - like accounting systems and writing my website.

thanks guys ... my patience is beginning to run out, but there are other things on the plate for the next 2-3 weeks so i'll follow them up again on tuesday but not get snarky yet.

i think i'll pop an email off to a local bookkeeping firm (unitingbookkeepers.com.au), tell then what i need to the program to do and ask for their advice. down the track i'm going to want to employ a bookkeeper so need something familiar-ish. i may then get them in to initially set it up and show me how to use it.

Two othe issues to think about v

Compatibility- can you send the files to your accountant? Most could handle MYOB and Quicken but perhaps not others.

Training available- there's a lot of low cost training out there for the well known packages.

Back