Anyone win lotto last night? No? Didn't think so,

Something like $40m :eek: was wagered on last nights lotto, but alas no winner! I need to set up a lotto business.

At one city outlet near where I attend each day (sorry, I can't say it. It's a four letter word), they have been queueing since Monday morning.

Walked past again today and guess what? A queue and there's still 6 days left! Financial crisis! What financial crisis?

Like I told a collegue today who was despondent at missing out, "At least the odds of me acheiving my dreams via my method is a lot less than 45 million to one."

Project 1080.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

I heard the next draw is going to be around $90m. Imagine how much good debt you could get into with that as a deposit!

exactly i agree.

and with chances of 1 in 45 million of winning how many still will regularly or occasionally decide to try it in addition to whatever else we are doing to get ahead.

It is nice to dream of what we would do if we won.

francine.

If you had 90 million why would you bother??

Agreed. Why would you bother?

Or perhaps you could do what 'Billabongs' Mathew Perrin managed to achieve. Made 100 million from Billabong, then went and geared up into China, and has now blown the lot. Story in the weekend Fin Review.

See ya's.

we don't gamble often but last night i was instructed by hubby to get two tickets - one each. a his and hers. i then asked if the "his" ticket won would i get a call from the bahamas'? :D

we don't gamble often but last night i was instructed by hubby to get two tickets - one each. a his and hers. i then asked if the "his" ticket won would i get a call from the bahamas'? :D

Ah .. . like the old joke where the wife gets a call from hubby saying he's won lotto and to start packing.
"packing to go where?" she asks
"I dont care so long as you're gone by the time I get home"

I can't see that happening to you Lizzie :)

It really annoys me the money that Australian's waste on Lotto and the like. If that $40M that was wagered on one Lotto day could have just been donated, think of the good it could have done. Of course, that would depend on the government doing the good thing with it and not building another footy oval, or some other similar "high priority" project :rolleyes:.

How much housing for the needy, how many hospital beds would $40M create?

I find it quite disgusting that so much can be blown on a game of chance when people are sleeping on park benches :mad:.

How much housing for the needy, how many hospital beds would $40M create?

I find it quite disgusting that so much can be blown on a game of chance when people are sleeping on park benches :mad:.

No doubt that this $40M could be spent more effectively... (just like the thousands that are spent every new years on fireworks - literally burning money ;) ) however I believe that old saying...even if you redistributed the worlds wealth evenly between every occupant on the planet, the money would still trickle through to how it is now within 5 years.
People may be sleeping on park benches, but some of them also aren't doing anything to stop themselves from being in that position. ;)

Something like $40m :eek: was wagered on last nights lotto, but alas no winner! I need to set up a lotto business.

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

goodo! and after you set it up make sure you pay the newsagents decent rates cause they only make 8 cents a ticket from any sale, absurd!

The world is filled with unfortunate souls who didn't hear opportunities knock at the door, because they were down at the convenience store buying lottery tickets.
Napoleon Hill

The world is filled with unfortunate souls who didn't hear opportunities knock at the door, because they were down at the convenience store buying lottery tickets.
Napoleon Hill

Great quote Rob,

Have you ever heard of a wealthy person winning Lotto? A few of you may remember the story of my brother that won Powerball?

Most people, especially "poor" people, think money will solve all of their problems.

The only thing it does is make them more unhappier and they usually end up in divorce.:(

If they don't know how to get it, they don't know how to keep it.

Regards JO

I believe that money just magnifies the person, it doesn't define them.

Come on Rob; everyone knows you (not you specifically) are your;
1. Car/s
2. Suburb
3. Boat
4. Child's school/s
5. PPoR
6. Surgeon who did your knee re-co - only talk in "surnames" please.
:D

if i won 10mil to be honest it wouldn't go far.

but 90mil? honestly, that's like 900x the GDP of Tonga (j/k) ....i would certainly put some goodwill projects to work.

public housing for the disabled, at least a few mil in funding to each social program (mental, physical, sexual etc), PMH, telethon, OXFAM - crikey....

you could be the philanthropist to end all philanthropists.

Paid the paper bill today.
Bought a quickpick for next Tuesday night's jackpot lotto while I was there.
Hey, why not? $6 isn't going to mean we go hungry....
Marg

Rob and josko your right its a suckers game, and i agree with you all,
BUT....... nontheless i am looking for 3 more syndicate owners, its 15 numbers for 1k a piece, and their are 7 holders, any one?
I never play, but its 90 million guys!!!!

Back