Anz Fixed rates changes

Please note the following changes to the interest rates for fixed rate mortgages effective Friday, 24th April 2009 (the interest rate applies at settlement not approval):

Loan Type Current Rate (p.a.) New Rate(p.a.) Change(p.a.)
ANZ Residential 1 Year Fixed Rate Home Loan & RIL 5.99% 5.45% -0.54% ANZ Residential 2 Year Fixed Rate Home Loan & RIL 5.99% 5.79% -0.20%
ANZ Residential 7 Year Fixed Rate Home Loan & RIL 7.24% 7.89% + 0.65%
ANZ Residential 10 Year Fixed Rate Home Loan & RIL 7.84% 8.84% + 1.00%

was 5.99 now 5.79 - so DOWN 0.2%

i'm not falling for it. whenever the "tipping point" is for rates to rise, that is, if rates go UP on the 5th of May, then it was 60-90 days earlier when you should have fixed.

i haven't got a crystal ball so i'm not going to try and call the bottom that far ahead. that said, to get from 4.94% current rate to 5.94% of the current 5y fixed rates isn't enough time to erode that 1.0% required just to break even IMO.

ANZ 5 year rate 6.84% p.a?

haven't got a crystal ball so i'm not going to try and call the bottom that far ahead. that said, to get from 4.94% current rate to 5.94% of the current 5y fixed rates isn't enough time to erode that 1.0% required just to break even IMO.

Who has the 5.94% rate BC :confused:

8.84%?? It's gone up a whole 1%?!! Why would the bank bother buying any of this money from the wholesale market if they really need to lend it at this rate? How many loans do you reckon they'll write for 10 yrs? Mmmmm.... How about zero?

Back