Apartments in Werribee

Someone I sort of know is looking at buying an apartment in Werribee, for $500k....

It's apparently going to be built on the beach - apparently the beach is going to be built aswell, and afaik this beach project may not be in writing, but a promise from a trustworthy salesman.

These apartments will also supposedly rent for $750 per week.

I think these are amazing prices, Frankston eat your heart out!

Hmmmm....that is probably the pre-sales from the Wyndham harbour projects in Werribee South.
Not convinced I would be buying that product.

But will be happily buying stuff in central Werribee where you can still buy houses for well under 300k!

Hmmmm....that is probably the pre-sales from the Wyndham harbour projects in Werribee South.
Not convinced I would be buying that product.

But will be happily buying stuff in central Werribee where you can still buy houses for well under 300k!

good post, i dont think $500k apartments will hold their value, when houses in the same suburb can be purchased for less.

I dont think there will be any world domination from this theme.

There's lots of World Domination going on here Intrinsic_Value :rolleyes: I'm trying to help this couple I know not waste $500k, but invest it a little more wisely. This couple in particular had no thoughts of ever investing in anything, before we let them know what they could do.

...buying stuff in central Werribee where you can still buy houses for well under 300k!
It was about a month ago I was suggesting to someone else, who we've also introduced into the world of investing, and was also looking at an apartment in werribee, that they can do just that!

This last couple is soooo keen on the apartment in werribee, which probably is the Wyndham harbour projects.... I don't know how long they've been checking them out for, but the sales team down there must be like the best in the world or something :eek: Because this couple have just recieved the paperwork, and were telling us they HAVE to sign them ASAP, because these apartments are selling out, and they "don't wanna miss this once in a lifetime opportunity."

I guess this is what happens, when shopaholics are introduced to investing :eek:

Someone I sort of know is looking at buying an apartment in Werribee, for $500k....

It's apparently going to be built on the beach - apparently the beach is going to be built aswell, and afaik this beach project may not be in writing, but a promise from a trustworthy salesman.

These apartments will also supposedly rent for $750 per week.

I think these are amazing prices, Frankston eat your heart out!

You imbecile!
Have you seen the beach around Werribee?
It's more of a swamp than a beach. The reason the S/E suburbs were developed and settled first is because the beach is 100 times better.

Yeah, my opinions of what my friends are doing in my first post were sarcastic, I thought "trustworthy salesman" would have given that away :p

And Bayside, I agree about the beaches, but if I was looking into buying one of these apartments, and started a thread asking for opinions, there would still be no need for name calling :confused:

Yeah, my opinions of what my friends are doing in my first post were sarcastic, I thought "trustworthy salesman" would have given that away :p

And Bayside, I agree about the beaches, but if I was looking into buying one of these apartments, and started a thread asking for opinions, there would still be no need for name calling :confused:

Fair bump play on..........

Given you can rent a 3 bedroom house down there for 220 id struggle to see who would pay 750pw rent for a development that is at least 5 years from completion if it ever happens. I went for a drive down there a few months ago and it is spectaculalry unattractive an area. Maybe i can't see the long term benefits but given the price of houses in central werribee and the rental return and capital growth i know were i would put my money.

I agree, i've been saying the same thing to them, plus I told them how there is a beautifull two bedroom apartment, with swimming pool, in Albert park, on beaconsfield pde, ocean view, available for rent at $750pw. I also told them about the 3 bed small house/big unit in werribee right next to the development/swampy coast, ocean view, available for $280pw...
I've also told them about what they could buy in werribee and other areas for $500k, but it's like they've been brainwashed... I can't talk sense into them :confused:

I really don't wanna see them get massively ripped off like this, if anyone has any ideas of how I can help them to see the light, it would be much appreciated.

I feel like it's my fault, because I've introduced them to the world of investing, and now they are considering something which I fear could lead them into bankruptcy :(

Hi Vincenzo,

You mentioned they were shopaholics....have they been sucked into buying b/c it's bright, shiny & new? Are they people that have the latest cars, phones, general gadgetry?

Could they be enticed into looking at older places somehow?

Unreal... Vincenzo, I cannot believe that they are considering that.
$750 per week rent in Werribee facing the 'beach'. I think it will be a good 20 years before they see any return on it. :eek: I jumped on the web to have a look at the propaganda... 75% sold it says and numbers are limited. :cool:

For 1/2 million they can have probably just squeeze in two decent houses in Werribee central. Can you show them existing houses in the area and how they can get a good return immediately? I just leased my 3bedder in Werribee for $270pw, bought it for <$300K.

I agree, i've been saying the same thing to them, plus I told them how there is a beautifull two bedroom apartment, with swimming pool, in Albert park, on beaconsfield pde, ocean view, available for rent at $750pw. I also told them about the 3 bed small house/big unit in werribee right next to the development/swampy coast, ocean view, available for $280pw...
I've also told them about what they could buy in werribee and other areas for $500k, but it's like they've been brainwashed... I can't talk sense into them :confused:

I really don't wanna see them get massively ripped off like this, if anyone has any ideas of how I can help them to see the light, it would be much appreciated.

I feel like it's my fault, because I've introduced them to the world of investing, and now they are considering something which I fear could lead them into bankruptcy :(

They sound like a salesperson's dream.

I think they would have new cars mary & mat, but they spend thier money on other fun stuff like gadgets & holidays. They have been sucked in by something... i'm guessing it's the polished sales people offering the dream of becoming rich, just by simply signing on the dotted line.

I agree Lamingtons, i've tried showing them quite a few different oppurtunities available, but they have bought all of the propaganda hook line and sinker.

They do seem that way The Donners, even though I don't know really them that well, i'm surprised at how they've bought into it all.... maybe i'm going about it all wrong... maybe I need to present to them a fancy power point presentation, featuring lots of funky music and models driving sports cars, etc :confused:

They do seem that way The Donners, even though I don't know really them that well, i'm surprised at how they've bought into it all.... maybe i'm going about it all wrong... maybe I need to present to them a fancy power point presentation, featuring lots of funky music and models driving sports cars, etc :confused:

Where do I sign up? :p

Hee hee, yeah go the powerpoint presentation vincenzo!

Bit worried they may turn on you if they buy & it's value drops etc...could the presentation include the clause '...seek your own independent advice...'&'....past growth is not a guarantee of future growth...'

Could you show them how badly some of the southbank apartments have done?

Regards, M&M

Hhehe i can supply the girls dude.. Book them through me.

I would have thought that they would be into the whole flash pad glassed high rises in the inner city or docklands. Not Werribee.... I must see these sales people and steal their sales tactics!

They are seeing someone tonight... I wonder if they are signing something right now :confused:

Where do I sign up? :p

I'll bring you the paperwork, and you can even take advantage of the easy payment plan! Only three small payments of $199k :D

...Bit worried they may turn on you if they buy & it's value drops etc...could the presentation include the clause '...seek your own independent advice...'&'....past growth is not a guarantee of future growth...'

It seems to me that this is almost what is happening... because they asked me for advice on where to buy about a month ago, and I told them that I can help them find a good place which should perform well in the future, but I can't garantee anything... the shiny sales people down at werribee aren't as honest, but telling her things like "it's a one in a lifetime oppurtunity" and I think they have even been making comparisons between werribee and high priced very inner east beachside suburbs :confused:

I've even been telling them how there have been plenty of other high priced developments that people have got sucked into, and lost everything... and even though I'm reminding them that "I can help them find a good investment" it's like i'm just being a doom and gloomer who is stomping all over thier dreams :mad:

I must see these sales people and steal their sales tactics!

I doubt you'd be able to sleep at night or look yourself in the mirror if you did!

Back