Are you scared of buying more IPs? Instead of having ...............

It took us almost 9 months to overcome our fears. We made a decision to buy one more IP instead of all negative news and interest rates fear, we put an offer last week for a 4X2 on 550m2 for 348K in Thornlie 6108. Offer has been accepted and again new journey on rocky road will start with more mortgage, more rates, more interest, more stress, more negative gearing and offcourse more opportunities ahead.:

Wish us best luck................:D

Atta-boy! :p

FEAR is for pussies! Or people smarter than me... But I tend to be a risk taker. So far, I'm still breathing. 31 years and counting!

Without mocking other's beliefs :)

Everyone is entitled to a belief, sure.

But when someone's religious beliefs result in the murders of other people who aren't of the same belief, then they deserve to be mocked (locked up actually).

Plenty of people call me an atheist, but that's ok;

I don't need to kill anyone because their belief is different to mine.

Yes; this is the extreme version of religious folk I know....

But anyway; isn't it time - in the 21st Century - that we recognise that there is no grey-bearded old guy/girl living up in the clouds, directing traffic, or some bloke who rose from the dead to save the human race, or some other bloke who promises 70 virgins when you die? etc :rolleyes:

It was possibly a useful idea 5000 years ago when we were less enlightened, I'd say.

If this constitutes the basis for religion (belief in a higher being) in the 21st century, we are in trouble.

I am all for people living very good (to fellow man) lives through being religious, but you don't have to be that way to live a life of tolerance and consideration for others.

You could argue that some of the best people in the world are strongly religious. I'll wager they would be like this anyway; without the crutch.

When religious beliefs constitute nothing else other than only good deeds and thoughts - and without the grey beards in the clouds - then I'll support them.

It's farcical.

Last edited:
When someone's religious beliefs result in the murders of other people who aren't of the same belief, then they deserve to be mocked (locked up actually).

Plenty of people call me an atheist, but that's ok;

I don't need to kill anyone because their belief is different to mine.

Yes; this is the extreme version of religious folk I know....

But anyway; isn't it time - in the 21st Century - that we recognise that there is no grey-bearded old guy/girl living up in the clouds, directing traffic, or some other bloke who promises 70 virgins when you die? etc :rolleyes:

If this constitutes the basis for religion, we are in trouble.

So is this what you do now ? Interrupt threads to post your attacks on religion ? Fair enough, I wont retort with what might be my / others belief and from now on, won't even defend myself/others when you purposely proactivley mock and offend me / others for holding them etc. Good luck.

Best of luck OP and sorry for my interruption.

No Fear Here.
Buying 2nd and 3rd IP's last month and next month, 1.5mil+ unseen and interstate.
It's no fun without taking a bit of a gamble (do your figures first though).

Ipinvestor - congrats on the latest purchase. :D So in hindsight, was your fear helpful or hindering? Would you do anything differently if you had your time over? Or are you happy with the way things progressed?

Bayveiw - what an absolute load of crap, you don't beleive in God, good on you. BUT how on earth does that give you the right or beliefs that you can or should dictate what any of the rest of us believe.

Yes, there are alot of atheists out there nowdays. I think it is great that people can be open and honest about their lack of faith nowdays without being persecuted by those of us who do believe in 'something'. Having said that the majority of the world's population still belong to some kind of religion.

I am Catholic. I have never once tried to push my religion nor my beliefs on anyone. I never will. People will believe what they will believe and they will likely have their own reasons for doing so. So what gives you the right to do so to me, or any other person here. You are no better then anyone else pushing your agenda onto others. Who are you trying to 'convert'?

Ipinvestor - congrats on the latest purchase. :D So in hindsight, was your fear helpful or hindering? Would you do anything differently if you had your time over? Or are you happy with the way things progressed?

Hi Rugrat. Thanks. Actually, the fear is good and it helped me to do checks on my financial position, I analysed our financial situation and read some books, forums and talked to financial advisor. I learned that If we do not have fear, we may take blind risk instead of taking calculated risk. This forum is very very helpful to differentiate between BR and CR. Now we know where we are and where we are going. We have decided to buy 2 properties in this financial year. Thanks.

There's no such thing as fear.

Decisions about whether to proceed with an investment should be based on solid risk management. Anything else is just an emotional gee-up.

Just my 2 cents, I don't expect others to agree.

There's no such thing as fear.

Decisions about whether to proceed with an investment should be based on solid risk management. Anything else is just an emotional gee-up.

Just my 2 cents, I don't expect others to agree.

I definitely agree VY.

The only way to get rid of that nervous, unsettling feeling in your stomach is to stare at the cold hard numbers and see if they fit your current and future plans.

Confidence in your calculations should dispel all those doubts and "scary" feelings.

Ipinvestor, it's good to see you went about identifying the requirements needed to proceed with the next stage of your investment journey.

Congrats

Cheers

Rooster

Are you scared of buying more IPs? Instead of having two steady incomes and pre-aproval of 90% of loan

No. Not at all, I'm actually not a 'fearful' person-this is 'fun' for me, yes, it's securing my financial security/future, but it is much fun.

Again, I do the things I love, I love the things I do..

The (my first IP) initial step was well researched, I am a researcher at heart. That comes naturally to me. From there I have a confidence base to bounce around on.

Plus I love challenges, my challenge to myself is 'buying well' ...'The Deal'....that's even greater, immense fun.

Property investing is almost as good as the feeling of sex.

Life is one BIG orgasm.

I should use that as my quote eh.

...Property investing is almost as good as the feeling of sex.....

There was a lot of sweat, groans and many water breaks in filling up the 8 cubic metre skip yesterday at one of my reno projects. But that's as close is at got to sex.

There was also a slight amount of sun burn....I almost never get that when having sex.....

Confidence in your calculations should dispel all those doubts and "scary" feelings.

Agree. When this post was first done, I said I wasn't going to buy IP2 yet, but I knew what and where I wanted to buy, so was getting impatient. I did all the numbers and realised I could easily afford it and keep my LVR at a position I was comfortable with, and that it was just fear stopping me. So, I went ahead and purchased IP2 and life is still good. :D

There was also a slight amount of sun burn....I almost never get that when having sex.....

Then some experiences possibly still are ahead... although sunburn isn't all that pleasant..not that Mr OO ever complains-at-the-time. And he is rather a conservative type. Hmm, must be just the latte lefty types that love to wing it.

Each to own.:)

Bayveiw - what an absolute load of crap, you don't beleive in God, good on you. BUT how on earth does that give you the right or beliefs that you can or should dictate what any of the rest of us believe.
Not dictating; just giving my honest opinion.
Not popular of course; but I'm the politically incorrect king here. :D

I am Catholic. I have never once tried to push my religion nor my beliefs on anyone. I never will. People will believe what they will believe and they will likely have their own reasons for doing so. So what gives you the right to do so to me, or any other person here. You are no better then anyone else pushing your agenda onto others. Who are you trying to 'convert'?

No one; just making an observation. I don't push my non-belief on anyone; I wait until the god-bothers start up, and then I wade in.

It's a favourite hobby. ;)

I'm glad for you if you are a Catholic and it fulfils you, and I hope you live a good life helping others etc.

But seriously; do you actually believe there is an old bloke up there?

For the life of me; I can't get my head around that bit.

Anyway, sorry to offend you all; back to other more relevant stuff.

But seriously; do you actually believe there is an old bloke up there?

How can you be so sure there isn't? :p

For the life of me; I can't get my head around that bit.

I can't get my head around how closed minded some people can be. What makes you so sure there isn't something out there? Because science hasn't discovered it or "proved" it yet? Wonder what people initially said to Isaac Newton when he tried to tell them that there was an invisible force holding us to the ground and that we were standing sideways/upside down. ;)

For what it's worth, I'm not religious. Was brought up Catholic, and don't think I believe in a God but wouldn't rule it out 100%. There is too much we still don't know, and think it's arrogant of humans to think we understand and know everything in the universe. :)

How can you be so sure there isn't? :p

I can't get my head around how closed minded some people can be. What makes you so sure there isn't something out there? Because science hasn't discovered it or "proved" it yet? Wonder what people initially said to Isaac Newton when he tried to tell them that there was an invisible force holding us to the ground and that we were standing sideways/upside down. ;)

For what it's worth, I'm not religious. Was brought up Catholic, and don't think I believe in a God but wouldn't rule it out 100%. There is too much we still don't know, and think it's arrogant of humans to think we understand and know everything in the universe. :)

They've been to Jupiter, The Moon, and a few other far reaching places; not a skerrick of a sighting of a beard or flowing white robe in the darkness.

I know; it's too dark! :D

Back