• I work for someone

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • I work for myself from home

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • I own a buisness of some sort

Votes: 37 42.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's funny alexlee; I would love more financial/accounting knowledge and not because I have a passion for it but because I now understand that it is critical to the success of everything I may choose to do. Even unenjoyed by you, you can apply skills in that field to anything you undertake or evaluate as a potential income stream, and save a truckload of money by doing it yourself. I wonder how many accountants dream of life outside an office?

The advantage (as the advertisement goes :) ) of having an inhouse accountant is amazing .... I am fortunate to have a highly experienced CPA on my team (added to the fact she cooks great food, cleans the house etc...)

Cheers,

The Y-man

The advantage (as the advertisement goes :) ) of having an inhouse accountant is amazing .... I am fortunate to have a highly experienced CPA on my team (added to the fact she cooks great food, cleans the house etc...)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Inhouse accountant? Drooling :-b...

That's funny alexlee; I would love more financial/accounting knowledge and not because I have a passion for it but because I now understand that it is critical to the success of everything I may choose to do. Even unenjoyed by you, you can apply skills in that field to anything you undertake or evaluate as a potential income stream, and save a truckload of money by doing it yourself. I wonder how many accountants dream of life outside an office?

Of course, bookkeeping (which is very different from accounting) experience and knowledge is very useful, as is understanding the basics about legal structures, tax, etc. I'm not an expert on those topics, but know enough to understand stuff written by experts. The most useful skill I picked up was putting together an easy to read file. I always remember my first boss saying 'I need a file that someone who doesn't know anything about the client will understand and be able to find what they need'.

But really, the assessing income stream stuff doesn't require accounting knowledge. A bit of simple maths and a spreadsheet will do.

As for dreaming of life outside the office? I look up, outside the window and at the sky past the skylight of my building every day.........
Alex

I always find it interesting to hear that people who work in other jobs find property reno's and developing enjoyable and consider it a hobby; I have just gone to manage the admin in another business to diversify my income and to give me a new challenge.
?

So true as a builder myself.

I go to Bunning for stuff not fun and see renoing on a weekend as working 7 days.:D

Peter

Yep self-employed. Nothing like having the freedom of working your own hours.

For those who hate what they are doing now........."Follow your bliss and you'll never have to work another day in your life"

My friend did that last month by quiting his property management job and following his passion for cars to become a car salesman.

Anyone looking for a Brand New Subaru...let me know :D

Back