Are you selling in Sydney?

Given the strong and active market we are experiencing right now, I thought I might see if there are any private sellers who are perhaps looking to save on agents fees and go direct, so to speak :)

In the past 8 years, we have heard from several fellow Somersoftarians who have contacted us with their properties, prior to taking them to sale with selling agents. Of course we encourage anybody wanting to sell privately to secure at least 3 quotes from reputable local agents and/or an independent valuation to be sure we are all on the same page :D

At the moment we have several clients who are looking to buy in the following areas- please feel free to contact us at any time (contact details on website - details below) if you do have something to sell soon- price brackets varying up to $1.4m. Thanks in advance!

3-5 bed houses- Hills District
3+ bed villas/townhouses- Hills and Hornsby area
Older knockdown houses or blocks of land ideally 1000sqm+ level- Hills
2+ bed houses - Blacktown area
2+ bed houses- Ryde area

I did think of that when we were selling end of last year but you didn't seem too interested when I mentioned it to you at the Somersoft meeting so I thought maybe it wasn't something that you do.
Never mind.

I did think of that when we were selling end of last year but you didn't seem too interested when I mentioned it to you at the Somersoft meeting so I thought maybe it wasn't something that you do.
Never mind.

Hey Lyn

We are always open to hearing about private sales, as long as we have buyers at the time who match :) Sadly, at the time you asked we didn't have anyone in your price bracket. Given the wide search area of Sydney that we cover, it can be very much a pot luck thing, but hey it never hurts to let BAs know when you are selling. Your house was a pretty good outcome, from memory :D

I have a 3 bedder investment property in Chittaway Bay (Central Coast NSW) that I am looking at selling. Currently tenanted for $380 a week IIRC, lease is up in a couple of months.

Hi Vaughan

Well Prop (Alan Fox) might want to contact you as he covers that part of the world, but we're strictly Sydney only. Best of luck with the sale!

I just put a house on the market last week in Pemulwuy but while it's in the right area it's not the sort of property your clients are currently after.

Jacque, what do you do in the situation when someone here from SS has the intention to sell a property, but you have a keen purchaser -let's say from SS as well- using your BA services to get the best price possible (probably below market value as we all investors dream of :))? You basically say to the buyer that they're getting better price because the seller's not paying REA fees?

Hey Lyn

We are always open to hearing about private sales, as long as we have buyers at the time who match :) Sadly, at the time you asked we didn't have anyone in your price bracket. Given the wide search area of Sydney that we cover, it can be very much a pot luck thing, but hey it never hurts to let BAs know when you are selling. Your house was a pretty good outcome, from memory :D

OK thanks. We basically would have been happy to clear $700K. Actually someone on this forum was looking in our price range and we said they could have it for $700K but they didnt bother looking. We sold for $719K a month later after 2 open homes (which was enough for me LOL). Their loss.

Jacque, what do you do in the situation when someone here from SS has the intention to sell a property, but you have a keen purchaser -let's say from SS as well- using your BA services to get the best price possible (probably below market value as we all investors dream of :))? You basically say to the buyer that they're getting better price because the seller's not paying REA fees?

Not all BA clients are investors wanting the cheapestprice. Many are owner occupiers searching for a certain house and budget who are time poor or inexperienced.

Given the strong and active market we are experiencing right now, I thought I might see if there are any private sellers who are perhaps looking to save on agents fees and go direct, so to speak :)
Do you think it is a good time to sell Jacque?

house in Marayong

Hi Jacque

nice to see your post again. a few weeks ago, I have contacted you about selling a house in Marayong (next to Balcktown). it is a 3 bedder cladding house. tenanted. basic, but very good condition. 640m2. 5 min walk to Train Station. quite street. unfortunately you informed me that you did not have client back then. do you have any interested client now?

Are you looking to sell your Western Sydney House?
My six year CGT exemption finishes in late 2015. That is my driver to sell.
However, we bought the house for about 500K in 2006 as a PPOR. Spent about 120K on the granny flat plus many additions expenses such as Air cons, new toilet, new fences and better landscaping. Total rental return in $855.00 per week. So I don't think many would pay the amount which would make me satisfied :)

My six year CGT exemption finishes in late 2015. That is my driver to sell.
However, we bought the house for about 500K in 2006 as a PPOR. Spent about 120K on the granny flat plus many additions expenses such as Air cons, new toilet, new fences and better landscaping. Total rental return in $855.00 per week. So I don't think many would pay the amount which would make me satisfied :)

Tax shouldn't be the driver but :) I am sure you will do well with this well located property in the long run.

RU selling?

Hiya

Have a friend who has a beautiful 5 bedder Federation House in Epping within 12 minutes walk to station...with a pool and all renoved...high ceilings and ornate cornices and leadlight windows...and dark panelling

He wants 1.7 mill upwards though:eek:

DO you have a buyer Jacque?:D

Hi Jacque

nice to see your post again. a few weeks ago, I have contacted you about selling a house in Marayong (next to Balcktown). it is a 3 bedder cladding house. tenanted. basic, but very good condition. 640m2. 5 min walk to Train Station. quite street. unfortunately you informed me that you did not have client back then. do you have any interested client now?

Yes superoz I may do. Please call me tomorrow and leave details or email me.

Hiya

Have a friend who has a beautiful 5 bedder Federation House in Epping within 12 minutes walk to station...with a pool and all renoved...high ceilings and ornate cornices and leadlight windows...and dark panelling

He wants 1.7 mill upwards though:eek:

DO you have a buyer Jacque?:D

Sadly no Virgo but it sounds like a beautiful property :D
I hope he has the best agent in the area to sell- they are certainly not all equal in that part of the world....

Sorry... I meant place you mentioned... especially the west like Hills District or Blacktown area

Aha... well again it still depends but short answer is yes, though who's to say how much growth you might miss out on if you wait another 6 mths? If only we had that crystal ball..... what I will say, however, is that I do believe there's still growth to be had in this market as the affordability ceiling has not yet been reached. The signs of a mini-boom are well and truly evident right now.

A Hills property I recently inspected for a client (but rejected) had.... wait for it.... 26 offers on it within 2 days and went to a bidding war after the first OFI, selling for an amount $120K over the Offers Over figure. Amazing thing was the amount that separated the two highest offers... $3. Gotta feel for the buyer who missed out by that paltry amount :eek:

Back