Armchair Experts

Originally posted by Garry K

Under my personal needs, I include ultruistic needs, ie the need to make a difference, give something back, leave a legacy etc. Doesn't always have to be money,
Garry

Hi Garry
I agree with your sentiments entirely,
Also random acts of Kindness can be administered
Regardless of wealth or position,

Jahn, well said,
I always enjoy reading your posts.

Regards Steven.

Hi Steven

Here's a Random Act Of Kindness just for you.

I know everyone is very busy these days, so I am going to donate to you 1 minute of time.

I will not use this minute for anything productive, so it's all yours, with my compliments.

I'll just sit here at the PC for 1 minute and imagine what you are doing with my minute.

Use it anytime in the next 48 houres for greatest effect.

Make good use of it.

Garry

Garry K
That was very nice of you to donate your time like that.
For many people, it's easier to donate money than time. (not for me at this stage though :eek: )

Steven. I read that if you do a good deed, and the other person doesn't know you did it, then your rewards are greater (most likely greater satisfaction)
But if you do a good deed, and brag about it, it counts for little.
So if I don't say much, does that mean people might think I have been doing good deeds. ? :D

jahn

Good Deed

Jahn,
To take what you said one step further, your post reminded me of a rhyme I knew of years ago.
It's not difficult to share
When you have a lot to spare
But if you share when there is less
Then you are truly generous.
JIM

In a book I read recently, there was one line that has really stuck in my head :

"DON'T LISTEN TO BROKE PEOPLE"

In the end, lots of people have lots of value to contribute here, I love reading more and learning more, then I take that away and shape my own destiny. :)

Lissy
But if you listened to 'broke' people, and you learned from them what went wrong, maybe you could avoid having similar problems in the future :D
Broke as in money, or broke as in morals, or broke as in confidence ?

Jimmy
Cheers to the generous :D
jahn

Maybe the context was more important than I realised.
The concept was not to listen to broke people when they tried to give you advice about your ideas to get wealthy. Go find yourself a wealthy mentor and listen to them instead.

Hi Lissy
Fair call.
Not just broke people though.
If I listened to my parents, it has not been a good time to start a business, in the last 15 years:rolleyes: That is coming from a couple who started their own business over 50 years ago, since sold it, and it is still going. Innovative thinking back then. (maybe they knew I wasn't as capable ;) )
Am having difficulty with your last line/thought -
"Go find yourself a wealthy mentor and listen to them instead."
I seem to be looking in the wrong places :D
jahn

Jahn,

You're looking here so you're not doing so bad :)

It's amazing how often parents counsel against the best decisions their children make. And then when we have kids we do the same thing to them - must be genetic :)

ALWAYS underestimate your children, they will set out to prove you wrong :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Acey
Agree
Looking here is one of the best choices I've made for years. But I am one of those people that learn the majority of things in life the hard way (slow) As luck would have it, I take in a lot from reading, and less from audible/listening, so forum is good.
One of my children has her own child, and I wouldn't be game to counsel against either of them :D (daughter going for black belt, mid Nov, and grand-daughter tooo charming)
jahn

Back