Art - Limited Edition Prints

I like an artists art work and my favourite original oil paintings are sold. She is selling 50 Limited reproduction prints. The options are paper 320gsm rough textured cotton rag paper using pigment inks, can be framed with conservation clear glass or canvass with UV coating.
Would the framed print last longer or not much difference? Could prints possibly be an investment or mainly just for your enjoyment?
Fairly unknown artist with great potential.

I'm a believer that art should be bought for your enjoyment as an investment for your senses ... if it has an financial investment value, then that's a bonus - but there is no guarantees unless it's a Monet or Van Gough or Turner et al ...

I'm about to commission two very unique pieces - have no idea how they'll turn out - but love the persons work ... they are intricate felted, and layered, and embellished pieces that I'll have framed.

Cost is no more than two mass produced oil paintings from Bali so I'm pretty excited.

An example of her work as a "throw" - but can do any colour and style you want:

Attachments

• wall hanging.jpg
    wall hanging.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 64
I like an artists art work and my favourite original oil paintings are sold. She is selling 50 Limited reproduction prints. The options are paper 320gsm rough textured cotton rag paper using pigment inks, can be framed with conservation clear glass or canvass with UV coating.
Would the framed print last longer or not much difference? Could prints possibly be an investment or mainly just for your enjoyment?
Fairly unknown artist with great potential.

I go too several art auctions each year and this is a quote from one of our most famous Artists--Drawing is the art of being able to leave an accurate record of the experience of what one isn't, of what one doesn't know. A great drawer is either confirming beautifully what is commonplace or probing authoritatively the unknown. Brett- Whiteley ..
Only my opinion but I would say no,very good to look at but the not in a investment,unless you control and rent out the original,and once you look into a painting no matter what size like one from the famous Man above you just sit there for hours mesmerized..

what sort of dollars are you talking? if its just $500 or something then it is not much more than an ikea print. otherwise try buy one on the secondary market in a little while when the first buyer takes a hit.

what sort of dollars are you talking? if its just $500 or something then it is not much more than an ikea print. otherwise try buy one on the secondary market in a little while when the first buyer takes a hit.
Unframed about $500 + frame $200. Canvas about twice the size and double the price (1mx1.5m) plus whatever the cost is to have it stretched (unknown)

Back