Attn: Car people - Backloading Car Bris to Per

Thanks for your thoughts Marc. I think I just need to win lotto! I bought a two year old car two years ago for $26000. Sold it for $24000 a year later. Transfer costs were about $1000. I think the car may have been a dud and I got sick of taking it back to dealer (under warranty) pretty inconvenient. Found thats the quickest way to blow money on a car. I got a list of cheap older cars off a racq dude that they have the least call outs/ trouble with. EL ford was one. Our other EL we've had for 7 years now with no expensive repairs. But yes, it could be close to that time though where it becomes exy. Might take another look at his list and compare ads. I remember him saying once you get into the newer cars with blue tooth you can have plenty of probs. I got a quote back for $1700 to transport car. I got another quote for large shipping container for $6000 that would fit car, small amt furniture, etc. need to get quotes without car to get ideas. It's definitely more $$$ going to Perth than from.

We had a car mover in at the Roadhouse yesterday. The alarm on the car kept going off. The owner refused to give the alarm key and didn't disarm it.

By the time he gets it, his battery should be flat.

INVSTOR

Check out rail prices to freight over. The following information may only apply to pensioners who have a Gold Pass who purchase a train ticket over but a couple told us they put their car on the train and they came over as passengers and it cost less than $300.

The husband said to get the car back to Sydney should be cheaper. When people tell us things we always think there is a catch eg he worked for the rail company but you never know.

Regards
Sheryn
It appears you could only do it that cheap if you were a pensioner, thanks anyway, came across some more removalists while researching that.

We had a car mover in at the Roadhouse yesterday. The alarm on the car kept going off. The owner refused to give the alarm key and didn't disarm it.

By the time he gets it, his battery should be flat.
The noise would drive you insane! I know a couple of people with Wiero's that do the full car alarm alert! One girl found the bird in her backyard, the other got given the bird - hideous! :D

'97 is precariously close to that mark, and I personally would never touch anything with that date on it - especially an Aussie car. Sorry.

Unless, of course, it was an immaculate genuine XY Falcon GTHO P3 being sold at a bargain basement price of under $200k.

My Holden is 1998 and I would jump in it and drive to Perth from NSW with confidence :)

Them old ozzies were built to last much longer than this new Euro stuff

My Holden is 1998 and I would jump in it and drive to Perth from NSW with confidence :)

Them old ozzies were built to last much longer than this new Euro stuff

:) My thoughts too!! How'd you know my newish car I got rid of was Euro. :) The quality certainly goes down hill.

:) My thoughts too!! How'd you know my newish car I got rid of was Euro. :) The quality certainly goes down hill.

I only have 270k on this one, I will run it up until I get any oil leaks then think about trading it.

The last Commy got to 322K before moving on, this one is a statesman, sooo comfortable to travel this big wide land of ours, almost compulsory to "go for a drive" every now and then :)

All Sorted - went with a quote for car $1450 depot to depot. My furniture quote came in at $1850 which I'm really, really pleased with. I sold/gave away white goods and some furniture and stuff. Cost $6500 to move here two years ago without car, so quite happy. (exc cost of pets!) Thanks for contributions everyone!! :)

All Sorted - went with a quote for car $1450 depot to depot. My furniture quote came in at $1850 which I'm really, really pleased with. I sold/gave away white goods and some furniture and stuff. Cost $6500 to move here two years ago without car, so quite happy. (exc cost of pets!) Thanks for contributions everyone!! :)

Good to hear. If you need a hand with anything when you get here give me a shout. And come along to the next Perth meet after you arrive.

Back