Auburn-Parramatta area in Sydney

Have noticed a thinning out of cheap 2 bedroom units in Auburn (those asking under $200,000) in the last few weeks. Particularly those on the southern side of the railway line (not the Parrammatta road side). There are also a few of the cheaper units which would sell around the 220k-240k mark going to auction-something I have not seen during the last 2 years.

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...nbed=2&maxbed=&parking=&minlandsize=&p=30&o=p

I think the first home owners grant at $14k and falling interest rates are making these cheap entry properties more interesting to purchasers.

I recently saw a 2 bedroom unit in Auburn where the owner was asking $210k with an existing tenant paying $320/week. The property had sat on realestate.com.au for a while...now its gone. This would be over 8% gross yield were you to pick it up for $200K. Early 1980's building on St. Hilliers Road in good condition. 6 units in block. These high yields will only look better if you buy now and interest rates continue to fall.

Agree Cooper.

However just trying to let people know where Auburn is. When you search on www.domain.com.au its in the Parramatta region (only 4 train stations away on the Parramatta line-Auburn, Clyde, Granville, Harris Park, P'matta)

Back