Bank Account for Trust

There may have been previous discussions on this but with the ever changing fee chargesfor banks, was wondering if anyone has doen the research on this? ANZ used to have a fee free commercial account. So did Suncorp but not sure who else offers this now. Might have to bite the bullet and get slug $10 a month just so that rent can be deposited into the trust. Boo!

How about a Cash Management Account (not fee free, but not to exy either?) if you are just putting rent in and out of?

I don't think so, I have a CMT cheque a/c with the ANZ, which I have done for my FT, HDT and SMSF, each has $2.50 monthly fee. Initially they wanted me to say that I would keep a balance of a couple of grand in there, but it hasn't happened and they haven't complained.

You might like to give CBA's CDIA account a go. It's administered through their Commsec arm. I use these accounts for all my trusts and a company. They can essentially be operated fee-free. There is no monthly fee and you get 15 free electronic withdrawals a month, which should be enough if you just want to get rent in and out. The only requirement is you need a $5000 deposit to open the account, but once that's done you can take the money straight back out as there is no ongoing balance requirement.

Have a look at Suncorp Business Standard account, as of early next month this account will have 10 fee free transactions, no minimum balance required and no monthly account keeping fee.

Mark

I'm using the AMP Bank Cash Management account as someone recommended on here previously.
No setup fees, no monthly fees if you stay within the transactions limits or use
internet banking.

Bankwest has a new one called Telenet for Businesses and Trusts. There are no monthly fees and the interest on the balance is a whopping 6.35%

Cheers, Medine

Thanks but don't these need to have the CMT linked to another underlying savings/business account?

That's just ING's, I think. It's a neat trick because it saves them doing the 100 point id check when opening your account (since if you have an existing account they 'assume' you have the ID).

I like the fact that the CMTs have free cheques. I kept my Macquarie CMT open with just a few k in it because of the free chequebook.
Alex

Thanks guys. I think the Suncorp Business Standard Account could be a winner here. Already have SUN loans and business investment account so 100 point check should be a breeze.

Back