Be careful with this email doing the rounds.

There is an email circulating which purports to be from a West Aus prison officer who claims that Dante Arthurs is in truth the guy Thomson who, when 10yrs old and in company, killed James Bulger, a toddler, in England in 1963.

If you get this mail treat it with a great deal of scepticism and don't pass it on please. It's possibly right but incredibly damaging to all concerned if not.

Thommo

I've seen this email posted on another forum. Looks like it could be damaging for the government if it turns out to be true.

heard the police on the news tonight denying this.

after a lot of 'police speak' where they dance around the answer, finally said 'this information is incorrect, there is no link, can confirm it is not this person'. inclined to believe such, police media would have prepared such an answer for at least 6hrs today.

not that it matters really, still a very disturbing occurence, have noticed a definate sullen mood across town in last 2 days to all ive spoken to.

Ricardo29 said:
still a very disturbing occurence, have noticed a definate sullen mood across town in last 2 days to all ive spoken to.
One would think that fingerprints taken back then in 1993,may just match this person.
willair........

Bah, everyone knows that Thomson is really masquerading as Ronald McDonald.

Belief is such a cheap commodity (and always has been)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

A good site to investigate dubious emails..

It seems the email continues to circulate. I received it only recently. For anyone interested, the website www.snopes.com endeavours to research and rate all kinds of 'urban legends' spreading by email, as being either true or false. I find this website very usefull and I recommend passing it on. It might encourage people to check dubious emails before forwarding them to everyone in their address book..... :rolleyes:

Hope it helps.

Whozat

For anyone interested, the website www.snopes.com endeavours to research and rate all kinds of 'urban legends' spreading by email, as being either true or false. I find this website very usefull and I recommend passing it on. It might encourage people to check dubious emails before forwarding them to everyone in their address book..... :rolleyes:

Hope it helps.

Whozat

Great point Whozat, click here for actual page and scroll down to the Update 2006 section.

This was a most disturbing crime, what satisfaction do these sick B*astards get from starting rumours like this?::mad:

Maybe someone thought it was true; after all Australia was considered as a place to send the boys when they were released from gaol.

Back