Beautiful old plaster work in a "regular" house...

I don't like the colours on these ceilings, but thought I'd share this listing.

I think the bathroom is amazing and would not touch it. I know plenty would rip it out and put in a modern bathroom :eek:.

The house we renovated early this year has similarly beautiful ceilings and the main bedroom has an egg shape recess, similar to this. They really knew how to "do" plaster in the old days.

This is not a large house but the thing that struck me is the internal fancy plaster work and details just don't match the plain brick outside.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-camp+hill-113824563?rsf=emailalert-propdetails

I bet the bloke who built it had a mate who did those sort of ceilings on grander properties. My great grandfather was a plasterer and his house in Balmain apparently had some pretty ornate (and out of place) stuff in it.

I just pity the person who has to keep that shiny timber floor free of dust bunnies

Me too. We have matt finish polished floors in our own house and choose that finish over the gloss (suits the era better IMO). I'm too lazy to be bothered keeping the gloss looking clean. It's amazing how much you can get away with by choosing the matt finish.

Back