Best swimming pool companies

Would anybody recommend any good companies if you where to put in a pool?

Whats the pros or cons of a good pool companies?

Any companies i should stay away from?

What questions need to be asked when investigating what pool will fit your needs?

How are pools valued?Is it the deeper or bigger it is the most expensive or the finishes (landscaping etc)

the best tip i have is dont buy one............had two of them over the years....waste of money, time and effort, even more so nowdays with power consumption, chemicals, cleaning etc etc etc.............

for sure they look nice and you can enhance landscaping around them but nowdays they can cost you big time especially when something goes wrong.

chemicals are ongoing even for salt pools....as soon as you get rain it usually throws out the ph so you need to get that balanced.

they are so overrated its not funny...

please consider: if you have intentions of selling down the track you may limit your buyers...........many people will not touch a home with a pool especially people who dont have children anymore...

fill the bathtub up and pretend your a seal...way cheaper! :)

novelty soon wears off with pools plus unless heated (more expense)you cant use them year round.

each to their own i guess, if you are prepared for high power consumption, high chemical cost and neighbours kids dropping chokito floaters in your pool every now and then go right ahead.......that was the last straw for me when i had that in mine....

hope i havn't put you off! :)

cheers

I cannot help you for companies in your state.

When I had my last pool installed I bought from a company who were a part of the SPASA organisation. I was happy enough per sae, I ended up going on customer service, recomendation from a friend, they had warned me this company, looked like cowboys and seemed rough and tough, and boy were they. But I had no issues with the pool installation. I have heard of lots of problems from people who had had pools installed here in Perth from two large well known pool companys with the problems literally taking months to years to sort out, and whats more people tend to end up giving up so the company wins anyway.

It is true pools are high cost with ongoing maintance, power consumption but I would not be without a pool personally, both because I love the look of a pool in the backyard and love to swim.

I do not follow the guidelines for the pump on everyday, except when swimming, up to 8 hours a week I find is fine except in swimming season.

I should have said too. There are several types of pools, concrete can be done in any shape or form but tend to be colder, most expensive. Fibreglass which I have, limited range of shapes, all companys have thier own shapes, having said that still a huge range of shapes available. Lined pools. My first pool was an above ground pool which of course had a liner. My kids were young with this pool but the thought of liner pool with possible tears and having to repair them would put me off them now. The companys all assure you given the thickness of the liner this is rare but dependent on the ages of the users of the pool???

I guess it depends what you want a pool for, if serious lap swimming then you would want a longer pool. Area available to install the pool, taking in to account distance's from house, fence to comply with the laws.

I have a tiny backyard so only have a small pool, 2 and half stokes to the end, much to small for my preference of swimming but better then nothing.

There are so many different systems for the chemicals, not sure of the names but you can get systems that require very little application from humans.

It does again get down to how much money you have to spend for both the pool and the pump and chemical system. Then there are the filter systems to, several different types there to.

Hi Maza

It's been a while since I put in a pool but back when I did (1999) Jade Pools did an awesome job- I've since recommended to them to others and had nothing but positive feedback. Some tips from a longtime pool owner:

Buy the best pump and pool cleaner you can afford (JetVac especially good for leaves if you have overhanging trees)

Forget getting spa jets in the pool- waste of money and very gimmicky.

Think VERY CAREFULLY before installing a separate spa- huge money drainer

Consider provision for solar heating, even if you can't afford it straight away. We did this and got solar 4 yrs later- hugely extended the swimming season.

Teach your children how to scoop, clean out filter box and generally care for the pool - after all, they're the ones predominantly using it :D

Ensure you have sufficient room around pool to relax on deckchairs etc - don't fence it in too close.

I love glass for fencing but it aint cheap- but geez it looks awesome!

Consider a pool cover- saves lots of water evaporation and keeps pool a little warmer

Remember a pool won't necessarily add value but is ultimately a lifestyle choice - that's the reason we've had them. Note: our next abode will be pool-less as the aim is to have the "kids" living elsewhere - one would hope by their twenties they would be in this position :D

With quotes, ensure you check items such as inclusions as most pool companies quote for one row of coping around the pool and the landscaping up to you. We used Jade for this and got our own landscapers.

Best of luck

HI,

I have a pool, bought it off Narellan Pools in 2000, it was installed by the local franchisee bloke all went quite well. I have no reason to complain about the pool but when you buy a pool you have to think about the running costs as well.

If you have gum trees nearby they will drive you nuts with the amount of leaves they drop, it seems every leaf blows back and forth until it ends up in the pool. You have to remove them often else they will stain the pool. Mine was so bad I had to enclosed the pool, good now :D

Buy the best blanket you can, if the pool comes with a blanket ask how much to upgrade to the best one. Extremely rarely is a pool to hot but a pool is too cold very often :(

With todays power costs I guess solar heating is the best but make sure you have at least the surface area of the pool in solar panels. If you have the space go bigger, when we get overcast weather it is a pain to keep the pool warm if short on solar area.

HTH

I recommend Jade pools also.

Very professional. No bull. Came when they said they would. Finished on time even though a few days were lost due to rain.

Run from Blue Haven. Google Blue Haven or more info. I didn't trust them.
When I asked for client contacts salesman said he is new to our area. We asked for any contacts in the area (from previous salesman). No go.
Hubby asked what area he was in previously. As luck would have it, it was near the airport so hubby could call in to any after work. Never heard from him after that.

This is just what I know from an old friend who has a pool company in perth and 2 other friends who have had pools installed. my friend with the pool co. doesn't advertise, they get all their work from word of mouth. My other friends who had pools installed used big companies that advertise regulary and had heaps of problems.

Back