BIG (Somersoft) Brisbane Meeting

Dear guys,

Details for our next BIG meeting!!!

When: Tuesday 30th of September 2003
Where: Salisbury State School Library, Cripps St, Salisbury.

(Enter through gate on Lillian Avenue and drive up lane on the right through the buildings onto the basketball court. When on the basketball court the library is located to the South West and up the stairs on the second level.)
(Look for the BIG Group Sign)

(UBD 200 Ref A8). Medium distance walk from Salisbury Station.

Dress: Non-formal.
Time: 7.30pm.
Cost: Gold coin/$5 for the night.

Speaker: JoannaK "The dynamic fundamentals of property development and management."

We are very fortunate to have Joanna coming up all the way from Sydney to be with us. A dynamic and tenancious individual she has a successful background in development and property management where she can share some words of wisdom. Supported by Asy on the property management side.

-Close meeting for networking.

Everyone interested in property and the somersoft forum is welcome to come along. (Having an IP is not a pre-requisite, only a motivation to do so.)

Why don't you bring along a friend! (I am sure that we all know someone who can benefit in talking with other like minded people.)

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers,

Sunstone (Shane)

Dear Lady DJ,

Kids are neither discouraged/encouraged unless they are interested in learning. Most importantly you are very welcome to come along, if your kids are quiet types then that is a bonus for others. Yes we have other kids there and they normally quietly read some of the children books in the library where we have the meetings, however I am sure there is not one of us who would not have wished we had started this journey earlier.

Timewise we normally go until 10:00-10:30pm but some of us (yes Kieran, Daniel, Brenda and Les) have been known to keep talking until midnight or so.

Let us know if you have any other questions and hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Sunstone.

I will be there.

Having run a workshop that day (and the day before), I won't be staying around in the carpark until midnight this time (sorry Sunstone).

I will be aiming to leave around 10:00 - 10:30pm.

some diehards...

like to keep talking even when the temperature is just above freezing but Spring has well and truly arrived in Brissy now so nothing stopping us now:D :D
cheers,
Daniel

Originally posted by Lady DJ
Can you guys please let me know what time they finish, and if kids are allowed/discouraged.
Thanks.
Linda

Hi Linda,

Only if Deb gets to sit with me :) ( she's so cute)

Joanna will be worth listening to, I can't wait til next week. I spent a full day with Joanna a few months ago talking about business. She'll definately be worth the effort to attend.

See you all there.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Originally posted by Lady DJ
The only way I'll say yes to that is if Sarah is on your lap and Ben the other side....lol

And you are on the other side of the room?

hehehe

asy :D

PS, my kids will be there too, but only till 8.30!! :)

They can all look at the books in the library.

Just a quick reminder - this meeting is on tomorrow night, for all you Brizzy property investors and other interested parties.

Thanks Joanna

Thank You Joanna
Last night we were treated to a wealth of knowledge in the field of property development. I know that my wife and I have been looking to start property developing ourselves and your talk last night has concreted our plans.

It has been great to get another persons perspective on what is needed to succeed in this field. Your information dove-tails in with what we have already learnt and now all that we have to do is find the right site, and develop the right TEAM to help us achieve what we want to do. A nice 6-8 unit project will be a good start for us.

Once again Joanna, thank you for coming up to Brisbane and sharing so freely with us all. It was certainly appreciated.

Cheers,
Bernard :)

PS Thanks also to the 'BIG' committee for asking Joanna to come, and for arranging everything. This was a great night for my first visit to the Brisbane gatherings.

Agree with Bmok that it was a great night. With 43 people rocking up, it really demonstrated the need for such a group. We will need bigger facilities soon.

The only disappointing thing - I was hoping that JoannaK was going to share some of the bottle of red with me :D :D

As I said last night, we were very lucky and privileged to have JoannaK there as a presenter.

PS

Sunstone, I was in big (not BIG) trouble when I got home after the meeting (just a little late) - I trust you survived without too many scars!!!

I just have to re-iterate Bernie's sentiments. How outstanding was Joanna. For those that were at the previous meeting to hear Les and Brenda you will have taken so much from these sensational people who have shared a hell of a lot with all of us. Congrats to Asy, Keiran and the rest of the committee, great job and well done.

Great job Joanna, hope you enjoyed it as much as all of us.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Dear Bmok,

Agree it went well and we certainly all benefited having Joanna there. What I also liked was Ian's tempered words of wisdom. In any market it is important to have a balance to one's SANF.

Funnily enough one developer has made the comment that 9 out of 10 developers who do major subdivisions go broke in any 10 year period. Important we all benefit from the collective wisdom on this forum to ensure this does not happen to those we care about and yet at the same time does not put out the spark that started us on this journey.

Kieran - Yep we set a new record on times this time! I think you and I are both going to be in trouble if we do if again. However even if we just knock off an hour or so we should be right for next time. ;)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back