big thanks to Rolf...

...and Sarah at ASAP Financial.

We bought a house on back2back settlements only to find put we were third in a row of 5 doing the same.

Rolf and Sarah pulled a rabbit out of the hat and we are successfully settled with AMP on a full -doc loan for the first time since 2007.

Big thanks to you all from another happy WA customer.

We have been happily referring our clients onto Rolf and his team for years now and I am privileged to be associated with someone of his ethics, high standards and genuine client care. His accolades are well-deserved :)

refinance my loans very recently with Rolf's help and vey happy with service. will knock his door again when ready to buy.

+1 for Rolf and Paula,

This year 3 OOT, 1 smsf whole duplex, 1 construction loan gf, and my sons first property as well. All of them not straightforward, dealing with slow banks, but have come through with each one. Thanks Rolf!

Vicki :)

Unfortunately, we did not have good experience with Rolf (or ASAP).

Recently I approached him for the 2nd time (first time was 2 years ago) to re-finance PPOR.

He wanted us to fill out 'fact-find' form first, and I found it hard to answer the questions. I found some questions were too personal (my life insurance policy, bsb no, beneficiaries, how much in our smsf, spending habits etc). He (or his staff) did not even try to find out more about us by communicating. He just wanted to see what's in our wallet first, before even knowing us. Even my parents don't ask some of the questions.

So I told him about my reluctance to fill out some of the questions. And basically, his answer was either his way or find other broker.

Unfortunately, we did not have good experience with Rolf (or ASAP).

Recently I approached him for the 2nd time (first time was 2 years ago) to re-finance PPOR.

He wanted us to fill out 'fact-find' form first, and I found it hard to answer the questions. I found some questions were too personal (my life insurance policy, bsb no, beneficiaries, how much in our smsf, spending habits etc). He (or his staff) did not even try to find out more about us by communicating. He just wanted to see what's in our wallet first, before even knowing us. Even my parents don't ask some of the questions.

So I told him about my reluctance to fill out some of the questions. And basically, his answer was either his way or find other broker.

Fully understand your reluctance to fill such forms, however a mortgage broker to be able to assist you needs to have all the information.

I send a fact find form and A&L as a matter of course to potential clients usually after an initial phone call if they provide their number.

Its not to find out whats in peoples wallets but rather to determine if I can actually assist so as not to waste each others time. This is a common practice for most brokers, especially if you have a busy schedule.

If you are reluctant to provide the required information before getting to know the broker then perhaps it is wise to suggest you use another one?

I tell people to provide the information that they are comfortable with but there is some information that you cant do without in order to determine if you can actually assist in the first place.

The more information you can provide the faster you will get what you need and saves a lot of time as you are not going back to the client over and over again to chase vital pieces of information.

I've also had a bad experience with rolf but I won't give details here because I've seen people banned for making negative comments about brokers who post on here.

Lol@ all the sheep that think a broker should be knowing all that info.

I haved used finance brokers since the age of 18. The most i have been asked is financials + any credit card debt if so how much and with who or car and personal loans.

Reactions: oc1
Your asking a money man for advice and wont give him the answers.Hellllloooooooooooooooo.Unreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More service than advice. Let's first get this right. Secondly, i have seen such fact lists. Your broker should only know what a bank must know to process a loan application. Sure, have a chat about your future goals and your structure going forward; that's all good. But, life insurance policy details and beneficiaries? Let's get real. It's a loan. If you wanted proper structure you'd seek the advice of a qualified solicitor and accountant. ;)

Oscar

Then....what types of safety measure do you adopt to make sure that potential clients information are safe when you decide not to waste time on them?

Non proceeding information is either destroyed or stored the same way as everyone elses. The decision on which way to go is made on a case-by-case basis. In some circumstances the law states that files must be maintained even if there isn't a current loan.

More service than advice. Let's first get this right. Secondly, i have seen such fact lists. Your broker should only know what a bank must know to process a loan application. Sure, have a chat about your future goals and your structure going forward; that's all good. But, life insurance policy details and beneficiaries? Let's get real. It's a loan. If you wanted proper structure you'd seek the advice of a qualified solicitor and accountant. ;)

Oscar

What about if something happens and you can't work and don't have income maintain the loan (and keep your house)? If the broker is going to help you go into debt, then perhaps the broker has a responsibility to at least have a discussion with you about risk mitigation.

Do you promise that you or your family won't sue the broker for negligence for not having that conversation?

This doesn't mean a broker should give you advice on it, but at least they can point you in the right direction.

Also keep in mind that just because the question is asked, it doesn't mean you have to answer it.

Last edited:
Back