Blackburn, VIC

Hello All,

Just wondering what people think about the capital growth potential for Blackburn over the next 5-10 years?

I have been doing a little bit of research and found the following major projects at various stages of planning that could work out very well for Blackburn:
- Grade separation of Blackburn road at railway line
- Extension of Blackburn road to remove dog-leg between railway line and Maroondah Highway (http://www.whitehorse.vic.gov.au/Ig... 8 to the Design and Development Overlay .pdf)
- Rezoning of area to include more shops/cafes (like the MegaMile in Nunawading as referenced in above PDF)

Larger factors:
- East-West tunnel (lets wait and see if that gets the go ahead in Vic state budget in 2 weeks). This would cut travel time to the CBD by half from Blackburn via Eastern freeway.
- Sits between two major government investment/development zones (Box Hill and Ringwood)

Cheers,
GdhF

Blackburn and surounding area good for capital growth

I think Blackburn will continue to see good growth. Lovely suburb, always popular with families. Lake area is beautiful. Any redevelopement, planned well, can only add to it value. With petrol prices going up the train will always be an asset. If the mess at Blackburn Road was to be fixed Blackburn North would be good to look at too as the freeway accesss is better from there.

I also reckon Nunawading might experience good growth. Somewhere close to the station and freeway would be your best bet. Good luck!

Agreed, lovely spot which has performed well over the last decade.

Also like Blackburn north, very central, close to freeway and shoppingtown

Did anyone else see the auction results for 4 Pope Road on Saturday?

This house was a total POS knock down marketed at 550+. Sold for 760k!!

I was there for 4 Pope road - I have a client looking in the area right now. That was an astonishing result.

Blackburn is a good area - I've been made aware of 5 off market properties through 4 different agents.

My client is considering them at the moment. Once they've made their decision I'm happy to discuss these properties addresses and details privately if anyone so wishes.

Back