borrowing to invest

Hi all,
Has anyone read "Borrowing to invest" by Noel Whittaker and Paul Resnik, if so what did you think. Are these guys well known?

Thanks, "Dook" :)

hi Dook it just depends on how much you already know.
It covers plenty of ground but it is a fairly basic read
Whittaker is well known dont know about Resnik.

just an opinion,bye

Dear Dook,

Beech is right, Noel Whittaker is a very well known financial "expert" and I've driven past his office many times. (Located opposite the Garden City shopping centre in Mt Gravatt in Brisbane.)

With Paul Resnik never heard of him myself but the following link gives some info.
http://www.financialpassages.com.au/main/ingredient.asp?brandid=50&packageid=180&ingredientid=621

Contents of the book as follows:
http://www.noelwhittaker.com.au/ie/newsubscribe_main.html

Does seem to cover many things that Jan Somers covers which I would recommend over this. However if you can get something new that you can post back to us on then great.

Alternatively choose sections that you want to increase your knowledge specifically on. Eg. my better half got myself the property valuation manual that the Australian Property Institute put out. This will be good to understand more on property valuation psychology.

If you are looking for a book past Jan's on understanding borrowing a worthwhile read is "Wealth Wizard" by Mark Bouris. Whilst I would not recommend his products (Bad experience with a disgruntled local Wizard franchisee) the book gives some more understanding about the loan process and may be what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Thanks heaps Sunstone,
You put an awfull lot of work into this forum. Ill check things out as youve suggested.
Im finding that im reading a lot of books now and i like to stick to the ones with at least some credibility.

Cheers "Dook" :)

Dear Dook,

Thanks for your kind words. I always believe you get out of something what you put in. You are also helping the forum and I appreciate the feedback that you gave on the "brick paint situation". I am sure that there will be other questions that I will have too. :-----------)

When I look through property books thesedays I check the authors credibility but trying to see if they actually "own investment property" or "walk their talk". Too much theory and not enough practice can reduce how practical the information is and therefore it's value.

And use the internet. The last time I walked into a bookstore I knew the exact two books that I was going to purchase before I bought them. Amazing what information is out there when we look.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back