Bribie Hotspot

Hi all,
After reading an article in the Sunday Mail 30/05/04 about some of their "hotspots", Bribie Island being number 1, I thought about the future capital growth of the area. http://www.somersoft.com/forums/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=901
Bribie is probably in a slightly different situation to many towns caught in the boom, as development on the island is still in top gear. The infrastructure being put in place by the developers is lifting the bar for the whole island. The golf course, country club, gated communities, canal estates etc. being put in currently will surely lift the growth for some time to come. Other areas I have invested in have increased dramatically due to nothing more than location and current boom, but once this Bribie development is closer to completion, I would have to think that the Island will have another "kick-on" of growth, keeping in mind this is only MY humble opinion. For the record, I have just recently purchased an IP in Bribie Island and yes, I DO hope like hell that my assumptions are right. Do yourself a favour, have a drive around Bribie if you are in the area and visit the Pacific Harbour sales office, if only to have a look at the master plans for the island. By the way, they have implemented a population cap on the Island, as they did with Noosa.
JIM

Hey JJJ...

Did you see the article in the Courier Mail over the weekend, There's a block of land on Bribie just sold for 3.3 mil.

Truly becoming the playground of the rich and maybe-not-so-famous. :eek:

I would imagine being able to still pick a house up under 300k is a steal...

asy :D

Congrats JJJ,,

Asy? I thought John Travolta & Kerry Packer were sort of famous?

And now JJJ.. how many more famous people do we need on bribie. The old saying three big names to buy & the growth & sheep will follow,,,,,,LOL.

Another famous person also has a small piece,,, they know who they are ,,,,,,,,,lol...

cheers

Ocean

selling in Bribie

I have a friend who is selling an old style house on Bribie. I'm not sure of the price, but if you are interested I can find out more details.

Pen

bribie Island

Thoughts on Bribie Isand , having grown up in north side of brisbane and visited bribie island on many occassions i also do have a soft spot for the island.

The majority of Brisbie island is national park therefore the scarity of land will become an issue in the future. The "hothouse' has resulted in an increased profile for the island that can only be beneficial to future captial growth.

Bribie has great beaches (however not much surf) but is approximately on 45mins drive from the northside of brisbane with the nearest train station being at caboolture.

It is benefiting greatly form the sea change event happening throughout south east queensland and many retirees are moving their which is apparent through the demographics of the Island.

The delelopment committee is moving on bribie and this result in increased infastructure and development.

In saying that Banksia beach on briibie has recorded substantial capital growth over the last 10 years and with a median house price of $325,000 median house price dec (reiq) is still relatively affordable.

Bribie still has the potential to perform in the future due to its unqiure location to brisbane and the natural beauty of the location .with the proposed upgraded of the road from bribie to the northern freeway form 2 lanes to 4 i believe you willl see further capital growth in bribie into the future.

I think you have made a great decision in buying at bribie.

Thanks

Andrew B.
Buyer Agent
www.sandCastlesPropertySolutions.com.au

:)

Bribie Isle

Mmm What are we looking for here.??
Lets take it step by step.
1. Im a retiree I want to retire on an Island with which I shall buy (one off) a plot of ground 500m2 if Im lucky and can find. No infrastructure - Hospital, decent supermarkets, transportation, Mmmm again as I watch the winds blow the hell out of my garden and the ornaments I carefully have nurtured since great grandma Iris gave me...
2. Lets buy a hol home/village same as all above except the fact that is a hell of a way from Bris... to travel to and maintain...freeway intersect connecting near cab. will boost but... go to next stage.
3. The best growth and decent long term invest will always be the sunshine coast.......... Ive said it for the past 13 years and no one yet has proved me different.

Take a chill pill Terri.....

The Sunshine Coast is an excellent place also but Bribie Island is fantastic. It has different qualities and appeals to different people. The main negative about Bribie is Bribie Rd, from Caboolture to the island, but it has had plenty of work completed in recent times and it still continues to be improved.

A friend of mine has a canal block on Bribie and prices have soared recently. I think he paid around 300k and nothing is selling under 650k now ( canal front). He suggests his is around 800-850k now. Driving over the bridge on a beautiful clear day at Bribie is a sensational feeling. I could live at Bribie Island. The fact it lacks a couple of amenites is made up with the realisation that it remains quieter, more peaceful and laid back than the Sunshine Coast. Comparing Bribie to the Sunshine Coast, especially based on facilities and access, is like comparing Sunshine Coast to the Gold Coast. The Sunshine Coast goes to sleep at 7pm whilst the Gold Coast never sleeps.

I love the charm of Bribie Island, great place to live. Of course if Pete and Tina had won the Hothouse and moved there it may be a different thing :D

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Geez Territorian,
If you are indeed that negative about things, perhaps it's best if you don't move to the Island. :)
JIM

P.S I have also bought IP's in several parts of the Sunshine Coast in the past 2 and a half years, but unlike you, can look further afield because, "people can tell me otherwise."

Territorian said:
Bribie Isle

Mmm What are we looking for here.??

3. The best growth and decent long term invest will always be the sunshine coast.......... Ive said it for the past 13 years and no one yet has proved me different.

Mr Territorian

Have alook at the official stats on the last quarter for any area in the sunshine coast V Bribie Island,

You did say you wanted proof?
sorry to be the first one in 13 yrs to deliver the news. LOL

Ocean

No chill pill needed

Hi all
My opinion of Bribie Island certainly differs it seems to others. That is fine, but I am only sharing my view on what I have seen & experienced.

I would not for instance question the beautiful views on the bridge journey or those of the glass house. At the same time Perhaps they have since straightened the Cocos palms as well at Banksia Beach ???

Ones investment for lifestyle and also for income producing reasons will always differ.

Territorian

Territorian,
Your views are most welcome on this forum, but, please, if you have extensive knowledge of the areas and have your views on what you've seen and experienced, please pass then on to the forum as we are an open forum and there is no better way of learning than to get experience from someone who has "been there & done that". Share with us your experiences with regards to the Sunshine Coast market and the Bribie Island market and where and how you garnered that experience, also your reasons for choosing Sunshine Coast over Bribie, I am always keen to learn more. ie: you are based in Darwin, do you holiday down here/ have family down here/ grew up here ????????
JIM

My reasoning

Hi all
quite a valid question... Have been involved in real estate for some years which involved appraisals,eventual sales and relocations to /from Bribie Isle.... certainly a mixed breed of clientel.

Yes have shared many a time on Bribie as in laws lived there for some time.
It is a long haul to suggest one commutes from Bribie to Bris on a daily basis but that is my personal thoughts ( many do) as Im a country lady who does not wish to travel a lifetime only a journey.

I am one that looks at stats but also vary attuned to that which is happening on the ground... big difference...Sure I know the market realities in the sunshine coast where everthing shuts early..
so what..............
but I am not going to endure the degrodation of my forefathers to try and read a japanese street sign for no bugger !!!

[COLOR=DarkOrange said:
I am one that looks at stats but also vary attuned to that which is happening on the ground... big difference..QUOTE][/COLOR]

Just trying to understand what you mean by this statement in regards to bribie's situation.As an investor these comments are very important.

But in the context you have used them it seems your judgement is one of that this area is not going to increase in value at a greater rate then most??

But all indications show that it will & is currently ,,
Can you explain this statement.?

And are you currently upto date with prices & infulstructure ? What type of people are buying there? This market \has changed so fast in the last 12 mths , it has left some people red faced, Some that have made a negative comment about the area.

One of the best was a valuer from a Bank in june 2003 who valued a home at $400k. His comments on the valuation for future risk rating was . (Median risk as population is older & it HAS been regarded as God's Waiting Room.) He mentioned that purchase price was overpriced by $20k. Purchase Sept 2003 $422k & Home just sold for $695k MAY 2004. This example shows how ones personal feelings can cloud their financial judgement. One should look at all the facts & not 20 yr old family holiday memories & old fishing stories.

It is 30 minutes drive to the airport (That's with 4 lane highway)& the Federal Gov't On Tuesday released the new plan for a six way highway completion at 2008. Which will end at the caboolture interchange. So it may be a long distance 43kms to work but for some 30minutes seems very short in time for a beach lifestyle with Very low crime rate. So the district seems very strong for future gains, rental & capital.

Ones thoughts
Ocean

Hi all
Thanks to Jimmyjamjars for opening this thread - I always read with great interest his positive spin on EVERYTHING!

ocean view - I read with interest your thoughts also, and as I have an IP in nearby Ningi, support comments promoting the area. As a Sydneysider, I agree that 30mins is not far by OUR expectations, to travel to city conveniences, however, I feel those residing on Bribie are more inclined to do so because of the lifestyle, (given the population cap) rather than being swayed by improved infrastucture. As for opening the area up through improved access for tourists - I certainly hope so.

I too am interested in others' thoughts on this.
regards
Lustre :)

Lustre I can see your point of view. On tourists.

But I hate to say with 250 New Marina Moorings & over 500 LOW RISE units , And another 1500 homes to be built over next 4 yrs. One would think that Ningi will either get that twin highway upgrage or as the locals want a By Pass ASAP to handle the traffic..

But interesting none the less. Even Beechmere the place were people have known to have two heads ..hehe Has major land developements going forward. Caboolture is going up another gear as well with a Major land release proposed this winter.

ocean

Hi ocean view

Good point. Although, by ASAP, the locals may have to wait. I checked late last year and was told that the preliminary draft for the Bypass/Upgrade had not even been documented by Council, and that it was still in "Consultation" stage with community groups - although others may know more (it sounds like you've done your homework - as any good investor.)

Thanks for your comments
Lustre

Back