Brighton Le Sands / Will this become Sydney’s most iconic waterfront?

Attachments

• 0,,5299062,00.jpg
    0,,5299062,00.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 124
Brighton le sands needs development.

I sure hope so. I have a place there and the market has been shocking for a few years. I must say it is a really nice part of Sydney. The problem is the traffic on Grand Parade - can never get out of first gear. There is a total lack of public transport in the area which is amazing given the location. The development plans will make the place look really nice. Visitors sitting on the left landing on R34 will get a nicer view and the people on the other side will see the oil refinery. charming. I thought they should put a light rail along the foreshore to the airport and provide access to the rail line to the city. Anyway, here's hoping. julie

this is Frank Sartor's seat and he's all behind it. i doubt the plan will get knocked on the head.

my view is that Brighton le Sands has long been a hidden gem of sydney. i just love the place.

it's close to hurstville (shopping), miranda (shopping), rockdale (administration precinct) and kogarah (medical precinct). It's 12 minutes to the city during the day and m5 access is a breeze.

what more could you need?

since i live nearby in sandringham, i know the area well...

the big problem i see with this upgrade is dealing with the traffic chaos from grand pde. IMO unless the rta / state govt is on board wrt providing some sort of traffic solution then this upgrade will not happen. having said that, if the upgrade goes ahead brighton (and other very nearby suburbs) would definitely be a good long term buy & hold.

Yep, it's a great area. In summer I often take the kids there after work during the week. They have a swim, and I get fish and chips. It's interesting to sit there on the sand and watch the planes land and take-off - no noise though.
I like that area because it doesn't have the sort of thing that has been proposed. If I wanted that kind of experience, I would go to Darling Harbour. Still, Rockdale Council manage to approve some appalling developments, so this one should sail. Traffic will be a huge problem, though.
Scott

Can only see it being a good thing for the area. We are at Sans Souci - love the whole area, and just looking around its amazing how much it has transformed in recent years, even months - I think perhaps people are starting to realise its a top spot not so far from the city.

We are moving though, going to auction 1st Dec, so unfortunately don't think it'll affect our results..

Do agree on the traffic comments too, every week day into the city is horrible and its not getting any better. Can be shocking getting through Brighton on a weekend too. I think that really needs to be addressed in the medium term.

Back