Brisbane 10Km Radius....

Hi All,

Brisbane IMHO will be one of the top performing Australian cities over the long term for capital gains, mostly due to population growth and therefore demand.

I am just entering the market and looking for an IP in this region (Now living in Sunny Brissie, fantastic!)

My question is to the people who already involved in the market. PLEASE list with reasons the top three suburbs in which you would buy to meet the criteria below;

1. Must be a house
  2. One of the first suburbs to increase in value at the start of the next boom
  3. Strong demand from renters and owner occupiers alike
  4. Close to public transport and shopping
  5. Easy access to main roading system
  6. A suburb that will exceed average growth due to infrastructure / facilities / regentrification etc
Your opinions will be greatly appreciated :)
Craig M

hope you have deep pockets and want negative gearing

PLEASE list with reasons the top three suburbs in which you would buy to meet the criteria below;

1. Must be a house
    Gordon Park, Kalinga, Geebung
  2. One of the first suburbs to increase in value at the start of the next boom
    these burbs have come down significantly compared to FHB burbs.
  3. Strong demand from renters and owner occupiers alike
    they don't have a lot of blocks of units, and lot size it reasonable.
    high % of Owner Occupiers
  4. Close to public transport and shopping
    A new busway (with bicycle lane) will be built to Lutwyche shops and later to Chermside shops. Trains may become overcrowded, so the busway may have advantages.
    Geebung has Chermside Shops, which will become a major infrastructure and services hub for North Brisbane. They will eventually introduce parking fees though.
    Kalinga is close to Toombul, Lutwyche, Chermside Shops.
    Godron Park has Lutwyche shops and Stafford City. Demographic is improving in both. And Home Zone in Wilston and Newmarket Shopping Centre aren't far away.
  5. Easy access to main roading system
    Kalinga will benefit significantly from NSBT
    Gordon Park is convenient to Gympie Rd and rat runs.
    Geebung has Gympie Rd and Sandgate Rd

6. A suburb that will exceed average growth due to infrastructure / facilities / regentrification etc
    See above
    Kalinga and Gordon Park overshot during the boom, but have come back more than others. There was a very average house in Gordon Park that sold for $1.1m last year, but you can get homes on 600s under $600k now.
    When you compare Gordon Park 450-600k to 450k elsewhere, you get more value in G Park. Kalinga is similar.
Your opinions will be greatly appreciated :)
Craig M

Thanks for the great reply Winston, Yes I am prepared for negative gearing on this purchase.

Craig

I'd also encourage you to get a map out and follow Kedron Brook from Stafford to Toombul. G.Park and Kalinga are on it. It is a great recreational asset and any property within walking distance would benefit immensely.

Gordon Park is most upstream, Kedron Park next down stream , then Kalinga.....

If anyone is interested, I know these areas very well (my great great grandparents were the first settlers in Kedron) and could show you some of the secret pocikets.

Anywhere on the northern busway will increase in value, and the extension onto the southern busway from the eastern suburbs.

I believe growth outside Brissy will be far stronger, as to be honest Brissy is actually becoming a over developed, poor transport city that will just be full of units. But units right in the city will have the biggest rental demand. Springwood may appear shitty, but that area is being rezoned to have a bigger CBD than brissy and has the busway.

By the way, about 75% of Brisbane floods so make sure the house is not in any low point (easily picked by pipes going through the site) or affected by Councils flood report otherwise you wont be able to do anything much to it. Many of the areas to the North are flooded badly....

Why not find a 800+ sqm block as you can subdivide it as well....everyone else does....

By the way, about 75% of Brisbane floods so make sure the house is not in any low point (easily picked by pipes going through the site) or affected by Councils flood report otherwise you wont be able to do anything much to it. Many of the areas to the North are flooded badly....

Where did you get that figure?

Back