Brisbane for PPOR

Anyone can offer a suggestion what $650k can buy for retirement in Brisbane in the next 5 months?

I am thinking of 3br, 2 baths, 2 garages in contemporary finish internals and some views. Not too fuss about external whether it is clad or brick veneer. There are few bv on offer anyway. I have been looking but find few. There are more in townhouse style.

Just need more ideas and explore more suburbs. Would Price Finder help with finding properties beyond what Domain and Real Estate dot coms can?

I would appreciate any suggestion.
:)

Thanks, Strongly and Angel. Interesting extension of search into suburbs I never thought of and possibilities. Victoria Point has some very nicely appointed properties within my budget.

I think my difficulty with choice is a psychological one. My wife and I lived a long stretch in urban settings because of work and still travels overseas every year in retirement. I am trying to picture a property that would complement that lifestyle. The house is mainly for 2 of us, ocassionally son and visitors.

I hope more options are available.

I'd be interested to know why Brisbane, as we may be thinking in a similar way ourselves.

Canberra winter gets to my wife- but then so do hot humid days.

Do you have family connections, or is it just a climate and lifestyle you like?

I'd be interested to know why Brisbane, as we may be thinking in a similar way ourselves.

Canberra winter gets to my wife- but then so do hot humid days.

Do you have family connections, or is it just a climate and lifestyle you like?

Principally, weather reasons. It is difficult to work around house in cold Canberra winter. There must be a breezy, easy care lifestyle in a warmer area up north. Hot humidity tends to be closer to Cairns and less around Brisbane, or so my wife tells me.

Brisbane temperature and rainfall pattern seems good between 16-26 degree C on average with 1 in 3 days having rain, about 9 mm enough to self maintain a green surrounding. See attachment. Probably any house may need just ceiling fans with addition of aircond as luxury.

There probably will be cost savings in use of electricity, water and eat-outs, more importantly there will be better day to day lifestyle (some truth in the 'great one day, perfect the next'). I can imagine having nice leisurely drives, visitations to beachside suburbs and other pleasureable vistas, green rather than brown.

I have relatives in both Canberra and Brisbane, so proximity to relatives is not the issue. This may be important later on when the son settles down.

Attachments

• Brisbane average climate.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 39
Does it have to be Brisbane?

My preference would be Sunshine coast if you want the casual lifestyle and seaside location.

Plenty in that range around there at the moment.

Thanks, Chindonly and Tim86. I will explore the suggestions. Value of the house seems good in Redland Bay.

I forgot to add that the location of the property should ensure that there is CG over time or at least maintain its value. It seems that the properties in coastal areas traditionally favoured by Canberrans for retirement around Batemans Bay in NSW have been having serial years of decline in CG. They are basically a bit remote without sufficient infrastructure and demand to underpin valuation.

I will look cautiously at properties in Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast because of their track record in CG for properties. I might check out with my bank manager.

Thanks, Chindonly and Tim86. I will explore the suggestions. Value of the house seems good in Redland Bay.

I forgot to add that the location of the property should ensure that there is CG over time or at least maintain its value. It seems that the properties in coastal areas traditionally favoured by Canberrans for retirement around Batemans Bay in NSW have been having serial years of decline in CG. They are basically a bit remote without sufficient infrastructure and demand to underpin valuation.

I will look cautiously at properties in Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast because of their track record in CG for properties. I might check out with my bank manager.

It's hard to see you going wrong in any of the suburbs that have been mentioned above. Very cheap for what you get

Back