Brisbane - Inner Northern Areas

Hi.

I am based in Adelaide and have been doing some research on the following areas in Brisbane: Kelvin Grove/Herston and Bowen Hills. I am considering purchasing a new/relatively new unit/townhouse in one of these areas as they appear to have a good supply of potential tenants, infrasturucture is sound (or is planned to be upgraded, such as the Inner Northern Busway etc.) and CG is likely to be good over the next few years.

Can anyone closer to the action than I confirm that these areas have potential, that I haven't already missed the best of the "boom years"?

I have recently seen advertised a complex called "The Terrace on Gregory" (Gregory St, Bowen Hills). Does anyone have any information about this complex, other than the "glossy brochure" information available from their Internet site, before I call the real estate agency and get bombarded with questions from them?

I do not want to purchase an apartment in a large complex in the CBD, as I am concered about a potential over supply. Would "The Terrace ..." be considered "CBD"?

Soory for so many questions - any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Chris.

ChrisOs,

I'm a Brisbanite. Herston and Kelvin Grove probably still have alot of old double blocks that are crying out for subdivision and development, so in a way you could say there are still "reserves" available. Bowen Hills is quite compact and such reserves are pretty much gone. Its also elevated, on the rail network, and close to some trendy areas on the river. If prices are similar, it would be my pick.

Cheers

Hi Chris

I'm an agent in Nundah, about 5km from those areas. These areas are very inner north suburbs and history shows even in slower times they still stack up well. Brisbane has gone through a massive price increase over the last 2 years, but still seems to be moving upwards. Returns are signicantly less than before, but this is comparing with Brissie returns as opposed to Southern states which we still outperform, as I'm aware.

Look for character homes (make sure you get a building and pest inspection), subdividable or development blocks or renovators (bit harder to do from interstate). Simple value adding may be best. Units can work well, those suburbs are next to the Royal Brisbane hospital, but personally I don't like the Body Corps.

You can email me at [email protected] and I'll put you in touch with someone if you like.

This info is a little general but I hope it helps.

Kev

www.nundahrealestate.com.au

Back