Brisbane is at or close to bottom of property cycle

I am starting to like the adjustments in the market over the recent times. We have not recommended any new sites to our clients for around two years now.

However, I am starting to see new opportunities starting to open up now and have just made our first buy recommendation after this long wait.

We still recommend caution in general however,if you know where to look then opportunities exist. I think the market will remain where it is and possibly move upwards beyond the next 12 months.

I can't see a recovery in bne prices in the near future. I see a few years of bumping along at current prices +/- 5%, so some real drops over the next few years highly likely. as always there will be burbs that do better and worse and it may well be an opportunity to offer on quite a few places and end up with a good deal on one.

Re: Post 10 in this thread.

GFA = Gross floor area
BCC = Brisbane City Council

Had someone contact me and gave a number that doesn't work, so posting here.

An interpretation of BIS Shrapnel's analysis

Thanks INVSTOR for the article link!
The article is kinda confusing, it seems full of cautionary caveats, I'll have a stab at trying to interpret what BIS Shrapnel is saying. Anybody with more economic brains than me & there's probably plenty of you out there (I had a C in Econs), feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :D

BIS Shrapnel tips Brisbane prices to increase 15% over the next 3 years from $440,000 to $505,000 (average annual price rise of 4.7%)

Yeah, good news for owners and investors!

BUT, only if mining boom strengthens AND RBA stays its hand on rate increases.
Recovery in the Brisbane market rests on 'moderate rate increases' 'Only 1 or 2 rate rises, please, RBA' in the next 12 months allowable says BIS Shrapnel analyst Angie Zigomanis.

Otherwise, if there are more aggressive rate increases '3 or 4 in the next 12 months', recovery will go down the toilet even if the economy strengthens (a la mining boom). Assuming there is still a mining boom going......

In any case, BIS Shrapnel expects interest rates to peak at 9.4% :eek:end 2013 which will bring a downturn in the economy and residential housing market in 2014.:eek::eek::eek:

'Mr Zigomanis said this would benefit first home buyers in particular.

"In any event, this period will allow future first home buyers to build up their deposit and take advantage of softer house prices," he said.

Yeah, good news for first home buyer!!!

So this article has 'good news' all around, depending on where your selective attention is drawn to.

Whither the housing market?

All eyes on the RBA and how 'the economy' does.....

Buy well, folks, if you buy at all, is all I can think of saying at this point....
Anybody else thinks we're in for a bumpy ride?

Back