Brisbane MSN meeting

The MSN forum is holding a meeting on Feb 12 (without Dale sob sob). Anyone interested in coming along please fell welcome. This will be a very informal meeting just to met up with like minded people and discuss issues as they come up. Maybe we could discuss what questions/ issues we may like Dale to answer in the March meeting. Please let me know if you are interested in attending. Venue yet to be decided but will be somewhere in Brisbane central region. (sorry to the Gold Coast dwellers)

Cheers Donna

Dear Donna,

Yep same as my PM.

Name the location and time and I'll be there. If you need some ideas just PM me.

Good stuff on setting a date.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Hi All Brisbanites,

Isn't this rain just wonderful!!!!!

Well seems we have a few takers. and hopefully more will decide to join us. At this time due to the low number of responses I feel we could hold this meeting in the foyer of the Sheridan Hotel where the previous meetings have been. Maybe one of our discussions could be identifying a suitable venue for future meetings. So there you go, Tue Feb 12 at 7pm.

Hope to see you all there

Remeber at this stage these meetings are very informal and a great way to get to know each other. :D :)

Donna,

Quick Question - there is no Tuesday the 12th.

Just want to confirm as I would love to come is it Tuesday or Wednesday night?

Thanks Heaps

Rick Gibson
Apprentice Millionaire

okay just jumped here from the other thread. Donna, I'm assuming Wed 12th 7pm @ Sheraton Brissy right ? Ann/ Turbot sts. As it is just across the road from work I'll make it.
craig

Dear Craig,

Agree that the Somersoft forum is certainly more active. However credit is due to Donna in taking the initiative to organise this.

Personally I see this as a Somersoft/MSN Brisbane meeting with both groups sharing a common interest.

Donna seemed to be focussed on the 12th of Feb which I had already put into my diary. Unless Donna posts otherwise let's assume that it is Wednesday the 12th of February.

"The meeting will be at 7pm Wed 12 Feb in the foyer of the Sheraton Hotel Brisbane Towers, 249 Turbot street, Brisbane (above Central Railway Station). Parking is fairly easily located either on Turbot or Ann street." Donna expects to have a property magazine/book on the table for easy recognition.

BTW not with the ATO........... Hey I think a lot of us here see the benefits in having friends with ATO members. :------------)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Yeah friends,,,,,:D Ok I'll be there look forward to meeting you all.
craig
Donna, I'm with Sunstone, thanks for taking the initiative

Just a reminder about the Brisbane Meeting tomorrow Wed 12 Feb in the foyer of the Sheraton Hotel Brisbane Towers, 249 Turbot street, Brisbane (above Central Railway Station). Parking is fairly easily located either on Turbot or Ann street/

I will be at a table with a Copy of either Homes Pictorial or one of Jan's books on the table in front of me.

See you all there. If you need to contact me my phone is 0418722420.

Cheers Donna :)

Dear Donna,

Great stuff to catchup with all you guys and meet with like minds.
Again congrat's on getting it started and already looking forward to next months meeting.

Good to meet you, KieranK, CraigC, Asy (as always), Paul and all the other guys/gals. It's a small world and you never know when you can help each other.

Next month's meeting guys will be on the 12th of March and definitely is worthwhile.

Suggest that when we meet up with CraigC that we all bring along some drinks/chips etc. Also what do you guys think about an idea of setting up some sort of agenda or the like?

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Donna/Sunstone/Craigc/Asy/Paul/Others,

Great to meet everyone last Wed night. The next meeting is already in my diary.

For everyone to get maximum value out of these meetings, I believe we need an agenda. I know some participants aren't keen on a really formal structure but I am concerned that, if we don't have an agenda, the group will slowly die as people will feel that they not getting value (everyone's time is precious).

For example, an agenda could be drafted as follows:

1. Introduce participants (name, job/profession, IP maturity (say, beginner, 2-3 years experience, 4-5 years experience, 5+ years experience), IPs owned)

2. Review agenda

3. Presentation from a participant on their IP experience (voluntary and preferably with some notice)

or

3. Panel discussion on a topic such as investment structures, good/bad experience with lenders (or financial brokers or accountants or solicitors or real estate agents or ....), taxation, etc (preferably, topic selected at previous meeting)

or

3. Presentation from someone in the industry (obviously notice will be required)

4. Question and Answer session

5. Next Meeting (date, time, venue, chairperson, presentation topic)

6. Close meeting followed by networking

The chairperson could rotate through the group so that the workload is shared. Also, we may need to set up some ground rules for the meeting such as only one person speaks at a time, we all agree to the directions of the chairperson, all discussion is opinion and CANNOT in any circumstances be taken as advice, etc, etc.

These are my thoughts and I am keen to hear the thoughts of others. I want to see this group succeed and be of value to everyone.

Hopefully, at the next meeting, I will have my voice back and can be an active contributor.

Regards,

Kieran

Dear guys,

"Somersoft/MSN Brisbane group meeting."

Have had some internal discussion (confirmed with Asy, Kieran, CraigC and Donna) and have decided to move the next meeting to Tuesday the 1st of April 2003.

The reason for the change was that it was overlooked that it was on the same night as the Freestylers meeting. Additionally the following week on the 18th of March 2003 we will be holding Dale's Trust meeting which we see as an additional meeting for the group.

Details:

Meeting Date: Tuesday the 1st of April 2003
Time: 7:00pm
Cost: Free. (If each person can bring along some chips/nibbles or a bottle of softdrink etc then that would be good.)

Regular Meeting time: 1st Tuesday of every month.

(No problems if people want to bring a friend along.)

Kieran,

Think your three suggestions for a structured meeting are great.

Certainly a selected topic that parties can discuss about in maybe a round table fashion or the like with additional networking time afterwards sounds good.

For the meeting after the next one we can try and have some presenters on topics that people are interested in knowing more about.

For the next meeting:

Suggest that we discuss: a) Short topic is "IP selection process and due diligence criteria"? b) Discussion on what other topics people would like to have for the rest of the year (or at least a 4 month period ahead.) c) What people would like to get out of the group and d) Networking.

Any further feedback guys?

Looking forward to the 18th of March 4:15pm Somersoft/MSN Dale Trusts meeting and then to seeing everyone on Tuesday the 1st of April.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Guys,

May I make an observation?

The ppl there are equally from both forums, and the new name "Somersoft/MSN Brisbane Group" is getting longer and longer...

Perhaps we should rename it?

For my first suggestion:

Brisbane Investing Group... You know, the BIG meeting! hehe

Second suggestion:

The Brisbane Group... you know, the Bee Gees... hehe

Anyone got any other ideas, or shall I shaddap?

asy :D

PS: I like the tuesday idea, thanks!!

The ppl there are equally from both forums, and the new name "Somersoft/MSN Brisbane Group" is getting longer and longer...

Perhaps we should rename it?
I'm sure Sim' will be happy with anything which gets rid of the association with Microsoft :D

Donna/Asy/Kieran/Sunstone/Craig et all,
Count me in for 1 April. I was at Dale's trust meeting last Wed also, and looking forward to meet with a group of people to share experiences and LEARN.
CU there,
DanielB

Originally posted by geoffw
I'm sure Sim' will be happy with anything which gets rid of the association with Microsoft :D

I'd just be happy if they ditched their forum software (ie MSN) and got a real forum - I can't stand using that site !

(If you hadn't noticed, I'm rather particular about my forum software - one of the reasons I was so keen to help Ian find a new home for the forum when we outgrew WebBoard)

They could even migrate over here if they wanted... I wouldn't mind - we can fit them in too :D

Not that I don't like competition or anything... I'm just looking out for their best interests ! Honestly !!

PS. when is the next Sydney meeting ?

Back