Brisbane's "Wealth Inspiration Circle" now open to gents!

Great news, gentlemen of Brisbane... WIC is a group which arose when some 2004 Wildly Wealthy Women graduates decided they wanted to continue meeting beyond their involvement in WWW. This morning we voted to accept gentlemen into our ranks, after several requests from gentlemen wishing to join us ;) So now I'm delighted to be able to invite any interested Somersofter to join us.

We meet fortnightly on a Saturday morning. Sometimes we have a guest speaker, but more commonly we take turns talking about our projects, sharing what we've learned with others, and seeking advice with our challenges. We also talk about seminars, tradies, professionals etc that we've found useful (or not).

Primarily we're focused on property, but we also have a fair amount of discussion on personal development/wealth mindset, share trading, and business.

You don't have to talk about what you're up to if you don't want to; we usually have about 15 to 20 people attending (though that could be about to double!), and perhaps half of them will speak about what they're doing. This is done in an informal "round table" setting. Of course the conversation often takes detours, but it's always educational.

We meet at 10:20am every second Saturday (next meeting the 16th Feb) in the basement of Caro Mio Cafe, 598 Stanley St, Wollongabba. (Opposite Annerley Rd intersection.) Membership is $70 per year or $10 per meeting for non-members. Website is at www.brisbanewic.com.

Hope to meet some of you there!

OK... I've removed all the superfluous posts, could everyone please KEEP ON TOPIC and remember to treat other members with respect.

Thank you.

asy.

Asy, we obviously have different perspectives on what staying on topic is.

Why don't you ask the thread starter to dissociate her group from WWW by removing the reference, or do you think there is mileage and credibility to be gained from that association?

If there is credibility to be gained from it, don't you think people reading the thread should be aware of the marketing tactics and history of WWW as seen by the ACCC?

WW, you're reading way more into this than was intended. I was merely explaining how the original group members met, by way of background. I'm entirely happy to state that we have absolutely NO affiliation with Wildly Wealthy Women. We're a group of local investors who get together to support each other; many of us are WWW graduates, an increasing proportion aren't.

And the whole ACCC issue, since you seem hung up about it, is that Sandy Forster made the statement "Anybody can become a millionaire" on television in 2003/4, and somebody (Jenman, I believe) complained to the ACCC, who initiated proceedings. It is still before the courts. I think any reasonable person would view this statement simply as the enthusiastic marketing that it was.

Having said that, I am happy to repeat and affirm that we have no affiliation with Wildly Wealthy Women, other than a good proportion of our current membership being (very satisfied) graduates who met via participating in the course.

I'm not sure what you think we have to gain from any possible "mileage and credibility" anyway - we're a non-profit investors group. We're not selling anything other than membership, which is charged to cover our $50 fortnightly venue hire, to pay for speakers such as our annual visit from Michael Matusik (coming up in May this year), and to cover web site hosting. Left over funds (if there are any) are channeled back to the group as a subsidy for members to attend the end of year function.

Looking forward to attending

Hi Ozperp,

Unable to make the next meeting, but will be at the following.

Look forward to meeting those attending.

Cheers,
Horizon

And the whole ACCC issue, since you seem hung up about it, is that Sandy Forster made the statement "Anybody can become a millionaire" on television in 2003/4, and somebody (Jenman, I believe) complained to the ACCC, who initiated proceedings. It is still before the courts. I think any reasonable person would view this statement simply as the enthusiastic marketing that it was.

There was more to it than that, as anyone including the moderators can find out by searching the websites of the ACCC and Jenman.

Thanks to the several ladies and gentlemen who have expressed interest in our investors group; I hope to meet you at WIC soon!

Back