Brunswick, Melbourne

Hello - I'm in the process of relocating down to Melbourne and am looking at a ppor somewhere in an inner suburb. I was initially looking at inner south eastern areas like south yarra, prahran but for what I'm after the prices are too high.

Brunswick has appealed to me and have been looking at a few otp 2-bedroom apartments. I am looking for something around the $500k area. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Better areas in Brunswick to be looking at? I have read a little about safety (or lack their of) in Brunswick - what are peoples opinions?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

thanks a lot for your input. There seems to be a few new developments coming up in Brunswick, do you think demand for units will decrease as a result or will demand continue to increase in this are? much appreciated.

Will you consider Northcote, Thornbury, Preston? Imo I would rather spend he $500k on a townhouse in those areas rather than an apartment in Brunswick. Also consider the body corp fees for apartments.

Brunswick is going a bit beserk. Plenty on the market, good clearance rate and prices selling over the reserve.

We bought a house on a large block 2kms away in Coburg for the same price as a tiny run down semi in Brunswick so might be worth considering other suburbs like Coburg, Northcote, Thornbury etc as mentioned

Brunswick is a great area, very close to city and good lifestyle aspects. Plenty of demand.

Considering the other suburbs suggested may be worth while from a financial perspective but I'd strongly recommend visiting those suburbs before buying blind as they're severely lacking in lifestyle when compared with Brunswick.

As per your point on demand, the newer developments are unlikely to have a noticeable effect on established properties and their prices.

Back