Builder Dumping on my lot

Not sure the best way to approach this. A builder has dumped piles of dirt, rocks and fencing on my lot.

I'm due to start construction in the new year and require this to be gone and either need to get the builder who dumped it to remove it or pay myself.

I know it was one of the builders to the rear as it appeared before titles were ready on my street. I also strongly suspect one builder, due to the time it was dumped aligning best with their construction start, them been directly behind my block and the fencing brand on my block only been used by that builder. Probably not strong evidence.

Has anyone dealt with this? What's the best way to approach them or deal with it? Should I report it the council or anyone?

We had similar issues but no proof with several builders working in the street so went to the local council, they sent someone out and spoke to neighbours and builders..issue was sorted in a couple of days and rubbish removed

Reactions: j_p
Thanks Redwing, I called the builder directly behind and their site manager. He was quick the pass the blame onto other builders in the area. I've called the local council, they didn't seem too optimistic unfortunately.

There is a mud flap half under the dirt with the number of a trucking company and bobcat tracks from a house next door. The site manager from behind specifically said he believes that builder had added to the pile of dirt.

Not sure the best way to approach this. A builder has dumped piles of dirt, rocks and fencing on my lot.

I'm due to start construction in the new year and require this to be gone and either need to get the builder who dumped it to remove it or pay myself.

I know it was one of the builders to the rear as it appeared before titles were ready on my street. I also strongly suspect one builder, due to the time it was dumped aligning best with their construction start, them been directly behind my block and the fencing brand on my block only been used by that builder. Probably not strong evidence.

Has anyone dealt with this? What's the best way to approach them or deal with it? Should I report it the council or anyone?

You can buy a cheap day-night camouflage outdoor surveillance cameras for less the $100.00 ,or a simple $25.00 dollar sign saying you have security cameras in place ,that stop them in their track from my experience..

Builders we spoke to said it's getting more and more expensive to take rubbish to the tip

Google confirmed

Dumping charges skyrocket

Costs to households and businesses for dumping rubbish at tips around Perth will more than quadruple for some forms of waste under a massive lift in the landfill levy outlined in the State Budget.

As part of a cash-grab that will raise an extra $202 million over the next four years, Treasurer Mike Nahan today revealed the landfill levy would be significantly increased for organic and inert waste.

There are a couple of threads on builders dumping sand and waste material on property on SS

For Christmas you could always order a skip bin for the street, I found if you leave it for a day or two all the neighbours will contribute

Did you call the Police?

Clearly this is illegal.

I had a guy peep into my bedroom window on Sunday morning then he took off when I called out. My room is just 2m from the footpath with no fence so it wasn't like he was jumping fences or anything.

I was very impressed with the police attendance. They questioned neighbours and got another car to patrol the wider area looking for him. Off to do an identikit picture tomorrow.

Back