Builder or broker - Custom 4x2 in Perth

I have found a block I want to purchase and build a single storey 4x2 on but it is a funny shape. It is narrow at the front, wider at the rear and to build something decent on it 280-300m2 it will have to be designed to fit.

What is the best way to do this and keep it cheap? (aiming for $250k plus siteworks)

1 - Go to large builder and extensively modify an existing design;
2 - Go to a small builder and get them to design;
3 - Arrange for plans to be drafted and then shop them around builders myself; or
4 - Use a building broker.

I have found a block I want to purchase and build a single storey 4x2 on but it is a funny shape. It is narrow at the front, wider at the rear and to build something decent on it 280-300m2 it will have to be designed to fit.

What is the best way to do this and keep it cheap? (aiming for $250k plus siteworks)

1 - Go to large builder and extensively modify an existing design;
2 - Go to a small builder and get them to design;
3 - Arrange for plans to be drafted and then shop them around builders myself; or
4 - Use a building broker.

You could do a number of things -

If you go to the larger project builder they will not charge you and they will design it, however the drawings remain their property therefore you can not shop it. So what, its free does not mean you have to go with this, just part of your DD.

You could also arrange a meeting with a building broker and they should be able to give you costings and some options etc and what you can or can not do. It costs nothing until you sign up. Just part of DD.

I met with a building broker and met up with a project builder this gave me an idea on what I could do and costings.

However I then decided to contract a draftsperson got the drawings completed and then I shopped it for the best price.

Another suggestion is contact Aaron Sice on SS.

Cheers
MTR

Will chat to some project builders on the weekend and see what they say.

Have spoken to a building broker for the last build in this location and they weren't interested due to the distance and being cheaper build.

Will give Aaron a buzz and get his thoughts.

go with the drafter, you can design exactly what you want and make it fit, you can then get the best price when you quote it out.

I don't recommend a builder, since it will need to be designed to fit, a builder will need to make modifications to their existing designs, which would be costly.

I don't recommend a builder broker.

Back