Building Wealth in Uncertain Times

I dont have the property magazine Rob, can you give us a summary of the article?

February issue of Your Investment Property magazine. It's just come off the shelves to be replaced by the March issue.
In a nutshell, in the Property Investor of the Year award I was one of three finalists. Nothing exciting, really. Got a few prizes and some cash.
Almost forgot, Steve gets to make smart comments about it from time to time. Can't even put a value on THAT!

Well done Rob :D

I haven't been following your story, but how many IP's do you have, and how did you aquire them? ie reno's, developments, etc? And what type of IP's r they, houses, flats, townhouses? R you planning to implement shares into your overall stratergy?

Well done Rob :D

I haven't been following your story, but how many IP's do you have, and how did you aquire them? ie reno's, developments, etc? And what type of IP's r they, houses, flats, townhouses? R you planning to implement shares into your overall stratergy?

Been there. Done that with shares. Made a few bucks, but trading doesn't suit my personality. Plan to buy and hold some good quality stocks at some stage, but right now I'm very focussed on the property portfolio.
I've got 7 in total, 6 of which have been purchased since April 2007.
All are strata properties within 7km of the CBD and mainly in highly sought after suburbs with good schools, transport, shopping, proximity to cafes etc.
I've looked at other strategies but went full on with the one that resonated with me and suited by lifestyle, objectives and risk profile.
All of my properties have either been renovated by me or have value add potential that I've yet to realise.
So, that's the "teaser" for my forthcoming seminar, which will be FREE. Then you can pay $5,000 to join my program and learn the "secrets" of property investment :)

So, that's the "teaser" for my forthcoming seminar, which will be FREE. Then you can pay $5,000 to join my program and learn the "secrets" of property investment :)

hehehe, maybe you can join forces with Peter Spann! But I would say he is in lots of trouble with all his managed funds recommendations which are not performing at this stage and going down by the day.

Those strata properties, are they houses, or apartments? sounds like you have apartments in your portfolio.. or maybe townhouses?

Since 2007, have you seen much capital growth in your portfolio?

orr and one more question, how do you fund the shortfall for your IP's? This is the hurdle I see with getting so many IP's so quickly, and redraw equity to keep on purchasing further IP's, essentially 100% finance for each IP.

I've got 2 small units in 6 packs. One was valued at around $185,000 in March 2007 during the divorce settlement. One in that group in same condition sold 8 months ago for $260k. They have moved ahead from that figure since the auction. I think there's been some growth there :)
The others are what they call "villas" in other states, although we call them units here in SA.
In the areas I've invested in, unit/townhouse values have outperformed houses simply due to the affordability of these properties compared to houses and the demand for homes in these areas by owner occupiers.
PM me your email address and I'll send you the API interview I did last year, which outlines the strategy to some extent.

Cool, cause I had two apartments which I purchased in 2001 and 2002, one st kilda and one south yarra, I sold them in 2005 and found the south yarra one hardly went up, and the st kilda (melbourne) actually sold at a loss..

However a house I had in bentleigh east doubled in the same time, so from experiance I found apartments really dont grow much, so this is why I'm interested in the growth you have seen in these.

I'll send you my email.. thanks for that..

Back