Buy second IP or PPOR?

Hey guys, I have a 2 br unit I brought 5 years ago. Got a good amount of equity in it and it basically takes care of itself.

I want to either buy a second investment and rent or just buy a ppor.
What should I do from a financial point of view? It's just me at this stage, but thinking gf, wife or kids is a few years down the track (I hope). Currently still at home but need to make a move.

Thanks

Ben

Hey guys, I have a 2 br unit I brought 5 years ago. Got a good amount of equity in it and it basically takes care of itself.

I want to either buy a second investment and rent or just buy a ppor.
What should I do from a financial point of view? It's just me at this stage, but thinking gf, wife or kids is a few years down the track (I hope). Currently still at home but need to make a move.

Thanks

Ben

Buying a PPOR is always a personal choice as it has emotions involved.

Where would you buy? Can you buy in a suburb you want to live?

Could you rent in a suburb you like and purchae an investment property in a suburb that makes good investment sense.

I say do the maths and work out which way is financially better.

And hey if you find a GF/Wife she might not like your house, plus the whole defacto if she moves in as well.

Share house with mates, keep buying investment properties :)

Hmm I'd probably prefer to buy inner suburb or even melb city. I could only just afford something small.

Otherwise yes I could rent or share and buy something further out that's cheaper. But I've always wanted to own my own place.

Back