Buy Silver says Robert Kiyosaki

have just been reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad Robert Kiyosaki's new book. Keeps me inspired and away from those that want to devalue the benifits of real estate.

But one thing he was saying, was that Silver is a consumable item and it's slowly runing out, maybe not in those exact works but what he did say was silver is definaltly a good place to invest.

I'm no expert in this area and I should read his book again to get a better understanding, but how I understand it is that sold Gold is keeped safe and approx70% is still around in volut and safes, whereas silver is being used in computers, eltronic...

has anyone out there heard of this as well,

I just thought about parking a little bit of cash in silver is I can find out how, Mybe via Comsec or Ebay.

Not that I'm a skeptic, but "Buy silver" is what anyone would say who has already bought a truckload of silver and is waiting for prices to rise.

The idea is not to run and do something just because someone suggested it but to come to a conclusion during your own research and make a descision that suits your investing style.

There are millions of ways to invest and make money and what suits one person does not suit another.

I'm sure there are people that make billions on exchanging metals just like there are people making millions on driving racing cars but I don't believe it is worth considering until you understand the technique or market!

People make money investing because it is NOT straightforward and therefore repels people who are not willing to put in the time...

Be very careful with unallocated storage with precious metals. And sometimes even allocated storage turns out to unallocataed.

This being a real estate forum - if you think silver is a goer why not look at houses in silver towns? Especially newly found deposit areas, that way you get mine expansion, new demand of tennants, longer mine life etc.

OK, that makes it different.

Your opening sentence was ambiguous, and most of us misinterpreted it.

So we can restart the discussion.

have just been reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad Robert Kiyosaki's new book. Keeps me inspired and away from those that want to devalue the benifits of real estate.

Pretty dangerous mindset to have. Just because you pretend the cliff isn't crumbling doesn't mean you won't fall.

All people are worth listening to, some are simply not worth acting on.

Not that I'm a skeptic, but "Buy silver" is what anyone would say who has already bought a truckload of silver and is waiting for prices to rise.

I saw a you tube video where he was saying "buy silver" and then at the end he said he wasn't going to buy any more silver. Sort of indicated to me he was trying to push up the price because he was over exposed to it. To me he lost credability.

I read the same book about 2 months ago...I then did a search on silver and its already skyrocketed since this book was written.

not to say that it won't go higher. However he was definately correct.

Thommo was saying that five years ago. I think his exact words were: Gold good, silver better. Methinks he would still be saying it today. :D

ATM it takes 50 ozs of Ag to buy one of Au. Some day (how soon?) it will revert to it's long term average of 10 - 15. Now if it were to do that while gold doubles we are talking about a ten fold increase to $100. Not too shabby and quite possible.

Be very careful with unallocated storage with precious metals. And sometimes even allocated storage turns out to unallocataed.

Hi Boomtown,

Why?

I have heard this advice before, forgive me, I am ignorant to shares and am researching as much as I can before it's time to buy again.

Then again, I have been told to stick to resources.....

Regards Jo

The book I'm referring to is his new one, (first edition March 2008) "Increase Your Financial IQ"

And if that is the case, do shares run like property. If Robert Kiyosaki is saying, "Buy Silver". Maybe he has silver shares and wants the price to run up. So quick BUY NOW! How many people read his books?:eek:

Regards JO

i'd be looking into tantalum personally - the super conductor of metals.

70% of the worlds tantalum comes from a little mine in Wodjina WA.

I saw a you tube video where he was saying "buy silver" and then at the end he said he wasn't going to buy any more silver. Sort of indicated to me he was trying to push up the price because he was over exposed to it. To me he lost credability.

I saw that video, he was like....cash is trash...buy silver....buy silver...buy silver...oh by the way you are too late, I bought my silver at $4 and it has already quadrupled :D...just noticed the video was linked above.

I think there is some potential for silver (and gold), hence I've bought several bars recently @ around $600 per kilo.

It seemed like a good time to buy now also because the Aussie dollar is so strong against the USD.

All part of a diversified portfolio :)

Back