Buyers agent commission based

I like the concept of a buyers agent with a fixed fee.

The city I'm interested in only has one buyers agent which uses a commission based fee structure. To me this is a conflict of interest as it is in his interest for me to pay more money for a property.

Has anyone done this before?

Perhaps I could just ask him for a fixed price assuming a $400k property.

Hi b

Most BAs use either a fixed fee (sliding scale) or fixed commission - everything is negotiable however so ask if the fee can be fixed upfront. Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply peoples.

I have a few concerns about this particular BA. There seems to be a worrying lack of information about him, and the whole thing looks a bit unprofessional to me. I haven't engaged him yet.

I was thinking of using Propell buyers advocates instead. Anyone have any experience with Propell as a buyers advocate?

The city I'm interested in only has one buyers agent which uses a commission based fee structure. To me this is a conflict of interest as it is in his interest for me to pay more money for a property.

Are you looking in Townsville? I thought it was the only city with only one BA!

Jen

Are you looking in Townsville? I thought it was the only city with only one BA!

Jen

Sorry not Townsville. I don't feel comfortable mentioning the city until I make a purchase.

Really annoying as I have cash burning a hole in my pocket but no time to check things out.

A good advocate will negotiate a fee structure that you are comfortable with.

A fixed fee works for both sides and you'r right, a percentage fee can be a conflict of interest and muddy the water. It can make you feel like you can't trust them to be working with you'r best interests in mind. Having said that some clients do pay us percentage based fee and they are comfortable with that. The key is discussing and negotiating a fee that is fair and rewards for performance, not for spending every cent in your budget to maximise their fee.

Back